Use your teaching skills and GIS knowledge to help our customers be successful with our innovative GIS software. Esri instructors provide a rich learning environment through hands-on training, instructional delivery, and facilitated activities.
- Teach Esri software courses in a traditional or online instructor-led classroom to help customers stay on the leading edge of GIS technology
- Acquire the latest professional certifications for classroom facilitation and Esri technology
- Contribute to the development of course materials and other educational tools by authoring content, providing technical expertise, and sharing feedback
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with the content development, delivery support, and training sales teams
- Participate in interdepartmental projects, conferences, and interest group meetings to bolster the training we offer
- Support, coach, and mentor existing and new instructors in both GIS and other technical areas of expertise
- Experience with ArcGIS for Server
- Experience with Adobe, WebEx, or GoTo Training
- Completion of an Esri technical certification and CompTIA CTT+ Certification
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, computer science, physical science, engineering, information science, or related field, depending on position level
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience using ArcGIS for Desktop
- Minimum of one year of instructional delivery and classroom facilitation experience
- Clear understanding of GIS theory and application
- Desire to learn and expand technical knowledge in both GIS and related technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a in fast-paced and adaptive client training environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 30% of the time or as needed
Job ID 2013-3029 https://external-esri.icims.com/jobs/3029/instructor---gis/job
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.