Structural/Plate Welder - Mechanical/Storage Tank (Job ID 2014-2987)
Location: United States, ,
End of contest: February 28, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
Willbros is currently seeking a structural/plate welder.
- Possess knowledge and experience to weld structural and plate components as directed in the repair / construction of storage tank construction.
- Assist with lay out, fabricates/assembles and installs multiple parts in support of achieving higher productivity.
- Must be able to safely use cutting torch to fabricate metal to desired shapes and dimensions.
- Receive, understand and execute instructions from supervision, document daily activities, follow policy/procedures of welding trade. Participate in housekeeping as job activity progresses.
- Follow specifications on all issued drawings, work with minimal supervision and able to lead and mentor helpers/trainees.
- Perform all safety requirements (PPE, housekeeping, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of material identification
- Procurement and transport of material and tools
- Perform to the zero defects standard in quality
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Perform to achieve Zero Safety Incidents
Training and Certifications:
- Basic safety (Safety or Safety Plus from an authorized Safety Council) when required
- TWIC card possession when required
- Basic rigging
- Operator of equipment as authorized
- Scaffold/ladder use
- Tool/cord inspection
- Ability/training to work safely from elevated locations
Apply for this job online: Click here