Senior Mechanical Engineer (Job ID 2014-2956)
Willbros Engineers-Upstream is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for their Tulsa team.
This candidate makes independent decisions on project related matters within specific discipline. The incumbent will be held responsible for timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the work of other personnel that are under their supervision.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Performs calculations and prepares sketches for specific segments of a project.
- Gathers information and prepares technical specifications for the parts of the project they are working on.
- Prepares information to be shown on drawings, coordinates work with drafters and designers and reviews drawings when completed.
- Assist in the preparation of man-hour and project cost estimates and schedules both internal and for the client.
- Prepares technical reports and correspondence for approval.
- Proficient with discipline specific software packages.
- Prepares project cost estimating.
- Undertake multiple tasks and interface with other disciplines to obtain information to complete the tasks.
- Assist with vendor inspection, startup, and commissioning.
- Interfaces with the client’s technical personnel on specific project design items or tasks.
- Prepares and maintains design basis and assist with the project planning, scheduling, manpower estimates for specific disciplines.
- Identifies client requirements and develops specifications, drawings, instructions, calculations, reports and other materials in specific discipline as needed to complete project requirements.
- Interfaces with the client to assure discipline activities meet client requirements.
- Responsible for preparation and review of material requisitions and review of vendor drawings and bids to determine compliance with specifications.
- Checks drawings, specifications, reports and calculations of others on the project team. May have approval authority based on the project organization.
- Consults with construction personnel, concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Devises new approaches and resolves problems relating to conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- May function as a Project Engineer responsible for monitoring work activities of a project team and ensuring that all project work is performed in accordance with Company procedures.
- Assist with proposal preparation within specific discipline.
- Participate in project design reviews as directed by the Chief Discipline Engineer.
- May supervise preparation of proposals.
- Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of project team members to ensure compliance with Scope of Work and design basis; estimates personnel needs; prepares and controls schedules and budgets; and assigns work to team members. •Recommends selection of equipment and materials within specified discipline.
- Responsible for review and approval of specifications, reports and calculations of others on the project team.
- Reviews and may approve correspondence to the client pertaining to project technical issues.
- Responsible for review of constructability which may include consultation with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University
- Minimum experience required is 10 years with a Bachelor's degree in drafting or an engineering discipline.
- Proficient with drafting standards (dimensions, tolerances, etc)
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer.
4400 Post Oak Pkwy #1000
Texas United States