Junior Hardware Engineer
Location: United States, ,
End of contest: March 7, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
This role encompasses assisting senior engineers in developing, testing, and supporting Ethernet based products such as switches, media converters, and extenders. Additional responsibilities include working with support teams for customer assistance in trouble shooting field installations, as well as working with compliance labs to obtain regulatory approvals for EMC standards.
We are currently looking for a junior level Hardware Engineer for employment in our Danbury, CT facility, who would report directly to the VP of Engineering. This position requires a highly motivated, independent individual with at least 2 years' experience in developing Ethernet networking equipment. The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering; exposure with developing hardware based networking products, and a good understanding of overall network concepts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following:
- Ethernet networking systems
- Familiarity of TCP/IP based protocols
- Experience with board level hardware development.
- Experience trouble shooting electronics to the component level
- Familiarity with PCB design tools (PADS a plus)
- Experience with high speed pcb layout guidelines
- Familiarity with general lab equipment
- Experience with EMC regulatory compliance guidelines
- Fiber Optic experience a plus
3 Corporate Drive
Connecticut United States
Other relevant information
Candidate must be a US citizen, and be fluent in English. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org