Research & Analysis Engineer
Location: United States, ,
End of contest: March 21, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
The primary responsibility of this position will be to work with the product manager to design, analyze, and develop new high voltage test products. This person will be challenged to validate and improve new and existing designs, through finite element methodology. This role will support the electrical and mechanical design groups through structural analysis, heat transfer analysis and electromagnetic analysis. A strong finite element background will be necessary to excel in this position, along with structural experience. However, the candidate must also be willing to learn and explore finite element capabilities around heat transfer and electro magnetics.
- Analyze structures and transformer design using finite element theory
- Manage assigned project goals and communicate progress to project manager
- Collaborate with various project teams to establish requirements and schedules
- Prepare documentation and reports for designs and/or tests performed
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Masters or PhD preferred
- Extensive finite element theory experience required
- Strong background in mechanical design, structural mechanics
- Basic electromagnetic experience preferred, but not required
- 3-5+ years of post-degree experience in finite element analysis
- ANSYS experience required
- Preferred experience with software such as ANSYS, AutoCAD, AutoDesk Inventor, Matlab, LabVIEW, and MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact and maintain effective relationships with other employees
- Must be currently eligible for employment in the United States
Hipotronics, Inc. offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits to full time employees; Health, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance; Health Spending Accounts, 401(k) with company match, Education Assistance, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Time, Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs and more!
Please email resume with 5-year salary history and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 414
New York United States