Event Relationship & Project Specialist (E3819) JA
Organization : IEEE PES 2014
Location: United States, California,
End of contest: February 24, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
This person will manage their own assigned relationship coverage area. The primary responsibility of this role is to create a customer centric consulting service that promotes current and new business development. This role also facilitates timely and transparent control processes. The incumbent will act as a liaison for the CRM department and act as an in-house advocate for the customer, in this case IEEE Computer Society and its portfolio of over 100 conferences. This is a coordination, account management, compliance and influencing role which requires a thorough understanding of the strategic priorities of the assigned account as well as those of relevant stakeholders including the MC Representative for TA , the Society President and Executive Director as well as the Senior Director of MCE.Relationship Development (55%)
- Develop, manage and refine processes that ensure all conferences are in compliance with IEEE and Society policies governing conferences. This includes conference sponsorships and the governing MOU which define conference financial obligations, administrative obligations, terms and conditions of doing business
- Resolve any discrepancies through interaction and outreach with internal and external customers. Monitor and facilitate the progress of documents through all phases to ensure final approvals and agreements are in place.
- Develop, implement, and maintain records and current status on all Computer Society Conferences, containing metrics and reporting functionality.
- Responsible for keeping both internal and external parties informed as to the current status of compliance information.
- Maintain current knowledge of IEEE and Computer Society policies and by-laws with particular focus on those areas that impact IEEE Conferences.
- On-going interpretation of IEEE Conference policies and procedures.
- Research, troubleshooting questions/problems relating to conference sponsorship, MOUs and publications, financial information. Assist IEEE Conference Volunteers, and both Computer Society and MCE Staff with compliance procedures and requirements including interpretation of policies.
- Develops, builds, and maintains strategic relationships with people at all levels and regions (US and global) of the IEEE organization e.g. volunteers and co-sponsors in the assigned account and various societies as well as with a wide array of external stakeholders (sister societies, vendors, universities, etc.) Includes President of Computer Society, Executive Director of Computer Society and other senior level subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Acts as the single point of contact to organizers and staff for customers in relation to meetings, conferences and events.
- Manage communication and information flow between conference volunteers, MCE, CS meeting planners, and other stakeholders during the conference approval process (financial or technical sponsorship).
- Respond to initial client inquiries on potential sponsorship opportunities and provide follow-up communications with conference volunteers and Computer Society as necessary. This task involves receiving conference sponsorship inquiries from non-IEEE organizations who want to partner with Computer Society on a conference
- Re-engineer processes including - inventory and compile all existing tracking forms and spreadsheets for assigned account (e.g. Computer Society) as well as MCE and work with both teams to develop one shared operational level status checklist for tracking the status and missing items. Optimize workflow, seek buying from stakeholders and manage new process
- Manage status meetings weekly with MCE business operations analyst to review financials and any open compliance items.
- Work with Business Operations team to develop, analyze, and distribute relevant reports from newly launched ICX database, making and monitoring change requests and communicating status to all relevant stakeholders.
- Set up and manage regular meetings with MCE sub teams, ensure Service Level Agreements are met and coordinate all account related activity, anticipate and avoid any service breaks or issues. Negotiate resolutions with the vendor and escalate if necessary.
- External interface to organizers and stakeholders, Route and respond to all customer correspondence, participate in migration to new tool to coordinate customer correspondence. Ensure appropriate follow up.
- Work with senior representatives of external co-sponsors (Universities, Corporations and Associations) as well as IEEE Society co-sponsors to understand mutual processes and identify opportunities to streamline and collaborate. Act as influencer and change agent.
- Route any requests for RFPs, MCE or CPS Services or Contracting to the appropriate team and track status.
- Regularly meets with and develops relationships with other CRM account leads to understand their portfolios, best practices and priorities. Shares best practices with assigned account to provide continuity in CRM support across all portfolios.
Operations and Administration (25%)
- Manages sponsorship workflow through to ICX sponsorship approval, creating and improving conference processes in line with the standards, guidelines, and protocols of the IEEE. Identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement.
- Provides administrative support as needed.
- Partners with the service providers and regularly updates the Sr. Manager of MCE/CRM on customer priorities. This includes monitoring all existing projects, partnering with committees to understand their strategy and educating department management and peers, working with external preferred partners to develop services that meet customer criteria, and attending meetings to understand partner offerings and opportunities.
- Routes requests and projects to the appropriate subject matter expert for follow up and execution.
Lead special projects/initiatives as assigned.
- Research, innovate and propose metrics, analyses, tools or process changes to improve IEEE MCE and Computer Society operations
- Assist fellow team members to establish a consistent level of quality, accuracy and compliance to departmental standards.
- Manage end to end processes.
Special Projects (10%)
- Responsible for execution of IEEE projects as requested by the Sr. Manager.
- Supports and coordinates resources for small meetings and events as assigned.
Travel (Domestic/International)_ (10%)
Must have a B.S. or B.A. or equivalent experience
• Min 4-5 of related work experience, international experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven experience and understanding of the customer service field
• Prior success in a operations or business development role
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent Communications skills
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• Knowledge of meeting, conference or other event planning practices
· Must be highly computer literate. Must be able to operate ICX database or acquire that skill set within a 3 month period. MS Office Skills, prior experience with Informix Database and Lotus Groupmail Workflows preferred
• Must be able to understand, interpret and communicate business policies and procedures to IEEE internal parties, IEEE volunteers and third parties.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to successfully prioritize and manage several moderately sized projects simultaneously.
· Excellent time and project management skills, dedication to detail and the ability to work under pressure with deadlines. Must have the ability to listen and communicate effectively in a clear, comprehensive and tactful manner both verbally and in writing. Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure department objectives are achieved. Ability to relate well with others, build relationships and constructively interact with a variety of staff, volunteers and vendors. Must be committed to working both independently and as a team player. Excellent writing and analytical ability, interpersonal communication skills and general office practices.
Apply for job: click here
IEEE PES 2014