IT Manager, Global IEEE (E3822) HM/GS/PA Job Code: E3822-28400
- Develop and maintain a high performing IT team that provides quality and timely resolution to all application development projects and issues.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to IT team members on behaviors and technical skills to ensure delivery of value to the organization.
- Responsible to resolve and remove impediments and manage risks for the team running 24x7 operations
- Responsible for providing management team timely status updates, recommendations.
- Responsible for creating documentation and processes for standards and best practices including and drive adoption within the team
- Responsible for driving the incident through closure working with IT and Business partners
- Review and communicate performance, quality, and other artifacts at the individual and team level
- Ensure team meets or exceeds all published goals measured weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Establish relationships throughout the organization, to ensure excellent information flow and feedback
- Regularly review and observe employees and MSP to ensure they are following procedures, processes and guidelines, and react proactively to any gaps and issues
- Coordinate the vendor and resources (matrix or non-matrix environment) and work with onshore/ offshore teams
- Perform hands-on incident and problem management as needed
- Liaise with the Architecture, Development, QA and Infrastructure teams on deployments and post-production support, resolve issues and defects
- Ability to deploy and support new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge
- Work with peers to leverage best practices and understand new trends
- Maintain an acceptable level of job discretion. Performance is evaluated against the ability to make judgment calls, the ability to make sound decisions, a desire to make decisions, displaying a heightened level of accountability, demonstrating a sense of responsibility, confidentiality and professionalism
Specific technology knowledge and experience needed to produce the desired outcomes includes the following:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of IT experience with 4 years of analysis, design and application development expertise
- Knowledge of Infrastructure systems and overall architecture
- 3 years of experience leading/managing people across a large organization
- 3 years of experience working with vendors
- Experience applying principles SDLC and/or Scrum methodology
- 2 years of experience working within a matrix organization
Strong communication skills in English are required to effectively present ideas and
concepts to stake holders, senior management and user community as well as highly
proficient technical peers and with personnel from all departments.
Ability to effectively present ideas, concepts, and technical solutions to demonstrate system functionalities to a small technical audience.
Must interact effectively with personnel from business, architecture, quality assurance, system administration and application development areas in order to define task objectives, obtain specifications and discuss solutions on a daily basis. The candidate must be able to work as part of a team, as well as with all levels of management across technical and functional areas to achieve goals. The incumbent must possess skill necessary to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Institute, and to provide the technical leadership and administrative management for members of the IT Team at Bangalore.
supervisory assistance and guidance?
Must provide leadership in dealing with all technical aspects associated with the technologies used in business applications. The individual must also be able to exercise judgment in situational analysis.
Must guide staff from appropriate development, admin and support teams in bringing technical as well as process issues to closure.
Must be capable of investigating and resolving programming and system malfunctions utilizing a variety of technical skills. Must be able to plan and execute recovery procedures, which minimize impact on production systems. Must be capable of independently planning out tasks for the essential functions.
Apply for job: click here
IEEE PES 2014
445 Hoes Lane
New Jersey United States