Engineering, Plant Design, Electrical or Instrumentation & Control Co-op Developmental Student - Summer 2014-1400073
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Plant Design Engineering Department which is located in Pickering Ontario, approximately 25 kilometres East from Toronto, Ontario.
You may have the opportunity to assist in the support, development and implementation of our Work Program.
Preparing Master and Design ECs (including but not limited to performing walkdowns)
Updating Design Manuals and preparing Design Requirements
Updating Tubing Arrangement drawings, Instrumentation Diagrams, Cable Block Diagrams, Bill of Materials, Master and Child NICRs
Prepare Instrument Calibration Specifications (ICS), Documentation Correction Requests (DCR) and close out ECs
Knowledge of the Engineering Change Control Process
Knowledge of Station Systems and Components
- A minimum of two years study in Electrical or I&C Engineering
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly
- Strong computer skills, essential basic programs (MS Office Suite) plus Internet research, e-mail, and familiarity with object management software (MS Project or Primavera) is a bonus
- Ability and commitment to producing high quality work and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website www.mypowercareer.com. OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
Ontario Power Generation
700 University Ave