Business/Market Analytics Advisor (Supply Chain)
BC Hydro’s Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on. BC Hydro is transforming its Supply Chain model through the implementation of a full category management capability to better meet the business’ requirements for quality, safety and reliability in what we buy for the best total cost and to ensure mutually beneficial supplier relationships. The Operations & Enterprise Supply Chain group is accountable to develop and implement strategies for the key categories that account for over 80% of BC Hydro’s annual $2 billion expenditures. Categories are in the areas of: Enterprise, Major Equipment & Engineering, General Contracting & Technical Services, Materials & Logistics and Field Support Services.
As part of the build out of the new Operations & Enterprise team, BC Hydro is looking to fill a Business/Market Analytics Advisor (BAA) role with an experienced, team oriented business professional. The successful applicant will join Operations & Enterprise’s newly formed Program & Performance (P&P) department, which is an integral part of implementing category management at BC Hydro. Accountabilities of the P&P department include providing: category management processes, category management program office, and category spend data/insights, market/business analytics, and reporting.
The seasoned BAA has the proven analysis, modelling and strategic advisory skills to develop market and business intelligence for Category Portfolio Managers and cross-functional business teams. The BAA will participate on cross-functional business teams led by Category Leads that will develop and implement category strategies to achieve benefits for BC Hydro. Accountabilities include developing market and business intelligence, analytics and modeling related to categories in support of problem solving, solution generation for effective decision making and business case development, benefits valuation for strategic options and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree or equivalent.
- 8-10+ years of experience conducting business analysis, modelling, information management and structured business decision making or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in energy, utility or relevant industry; in an environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations is preferred.
- One or more professional designations and/or certifications (e.g. CBAP, CGA, CMA, PMP) are preferred.
- Proven advanced data analysis skills and advanced capability obtaining, organizing and translating data into strategic options and actionable insights.
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from ERP system with expert level Excel skills. Experience with SAP, Passport, Cognos and software applications such as Tableau or QlikView is desirable.
- Demonstrated capability to provide advice and strategic insights on complex issues and support team and decision makers to take specific decisive action
- Able to lead through influence, utilize business acumen and business strategy skills to determine best course of action and tradeoffs/risk assessment, utilize customer focus (internal/external) and interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Strong interpersonal, excellent written/oral communication, presentation skills to effectively collaborate and deal with diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong project management and planning skills, ability to set priorities, track and meet deadlines, and adapt to meet rapidly changing priorities.
- Proactive and results-oriented. Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strongly influential business relationships. *Demonstrated ability to not only adapt to change but to also support change within Supply Chain and more broadly across the organization.
To apply, click here.