BC Hydro’s Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on. BC Hydro is transforming its Supply Chain model through the implementation of a full category management capability to better meet the business’ requirements for quality, safety and reliability in what we buy for the best total cost and to ensure mutually beneficial supplier relationships. The Operations & Enterprise Supply Chain group is accountable to develop and implement strategies for the key categories that account for over 80% of BC Hydro’s annual $2 billion expenditures. Categories are in the areas of: Enterprise, Major Equipment & Engineering, General Contracting & Technical Services, Materials & Logistics and Field Support Services.
As part of the build out of the new Operations & Enterprise team, BC Hydro is looking to fill a Business/Market Analytics Advisor (BAA) role with an experienced, team oriented business professional. The successful applicant will join Operations & Enterprise’s newly formed Program & Performance (P&P) department, which is an integral part of implementing category management at BC Hydro. Accountabilities of the P&P department include providing: category management processes, category management program office, and category spend data/insights, market/business analytics, and reporting.
The seasoned BAA has the proven analysis, modelling and strategic advisory skills to develop market and business intelligence for Category Portfolio Managers and cross-functional business teams. The BAA will participate on cross-functional business teams led by Category Leads that will develop and implement category strategies to achieve benefits for BC Hydro. Accountabilities include developing market and business intelligence, analytics and modeling related to categories in support of problem solving, solution generation for effective decision making and business case development, benefits valuation for strategic options and recommendations.
- Plan the category management information requirements to ensure efficient and effective input gathering, goods/products/service demand planning, analysis of various suppliers and categories of spend and strategic options development according to the BC Hydro Category Management process standard.
- Project manage work packages that include analysis of benefit, cost and risk of alternative strategy options/recommendations, and metrics.
- Develop strategic insights, advise and lead teams through structure decision making frameworks and analytics to ensure effective fact based decision making. Examples of key analysis include: spend analysis, benchmarking, "Should-Cost"/activity-based costing, trending of commodity markets/price-elasticity, financial modeling (eg. Total Cost of Ownership, predictive/regression modelling).
- Write and present plans, business cases, briefs, and other documents for management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Define business requirements for future systems and system integration to support enhanced business analytics for effective business management decisions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of category management process as required to ensure rigour, efficiency, provide superior service and derive more value.
- Manage consultants as required.
- Develop relationships across Supply Chain and with key operational groups within BC Hydro.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to others on the Category teams and across Operations and Enterprise.
- Support and contribute to cross organizational initiatives across BC Hydro and related to BC Hydro’s new Supply Chain model.
- Stay abreast of best practises in structured decision-making, supply chain analytics, predictive and financial modelling.