Tour Guide (Hudson's Hope)
Organization : BC Hydro
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Northern Interior
End of contest: February 20, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Part-time (up to 30 hrs/wk)
Our ideal candidates for the Hudson's Hope Tour Guide jobs would have a interest in electricity,
customer service, travel / tourism, as well as a zest for learning and an ability to translate these
learning’s to our visitors. As tour guides, you act as an ambassador for our company and are a primary
resource for sharing knowledge on how electricity is generated, the history and construction of the
generating station/dam, and BC Hydro’s current initiatives, services and programs, including
environmental programs and local capital projects.
- Greets visitors to the Visitor Centre as an ambassador of BC Hydro. Explains the self-guided tour or guided tour information. Answers questions about other tourism opportunities in the area and provides directions where possible.
- Provides guided tours following established tour content, tailoring content to meet the needs and interests of the assigned group. Explains how electricity is generated, discusses the history and construction of the generating station/dam, and provides information on BC Hydro’s current initiatives, services and programs, including environmental programs and local capital projects.
- Responds to non-routine enquiries and questions by sharing information with visitors, referring visitors to other resources within the organization where appropriate. Assists others over the phone or via email with enquiries about the Visitor Centre or general BC Hydro questions.
- Utilizes the Point of Sale (POS) system to process admission fees and retail purchases from the gift shop. Handles cash, counts daily intake, and completes end of day reporting. Trouble shoots problems with the POS system and escalates as required.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, completing reports, answering telephones, checking safety equipment and supplies, and taking minutes at meetings.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and strong skills in customer service, public speaking, giving presentations and/or leading groups
- Partially or fully completed high school
- Ability to deal effectively with all ages of the general public, from preschoolers to seniors, and provide clear and concise information to the public
- Ability to adapt established tour presentation to meet the needs and interests of the assigned group
To apply, click here.
6911 Southpoint Drive
British Columbia Canada