- Greets visitors to the Visitor Centre, generates interest in our facilities and programs, and responds to visitor enquiries
- Provides guided tours following established tour content, tailoring content to meet the needs and interests of the assigned group.
- Responds to visitor enquiries, sharing information with visitors and referring visitors to other resources within the organization where appropriate. * Provides assistance for self-guided tours. Answers questions about other tourism opportunities
- in the area.
- Conducts tourism or other research and surveys on behalf of BC Hydro
- Participates in promotional activities and projects to improve visitor center operations and visitor experiences
- Assists others over the phone or via email with enquiries about the Visitor Centre or general BC
- Hydro questions.
- Utilizes the Point of Sale (POS) system to process admission fees and retail purchases from the gift shop. Handles cash, counts daily intake, and completes end of day reporting. Trouble shoots problems with the POS system and escalates as required.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, completing reports, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Experience and strong skills in customer service, public speaking, giving presentations and/or leading groups
- Partially or fully completed high school
- Ability to deal effectively with all ages of the general public, from preschoolers to seniors, and provide clear and concise information to the public
- Ability to adapt established tour presentation to meet the needs and interests of the assigned group.
- Ability to perform basic clerical skills such as filing and report preparation
- Basic knowledge of computers and standard office applications to access information, prepare reports, correspond by email and research information within BCH and the community.
- Ability to utilize a Point of Sale system for sales transactions.
- Ability to set up, assemble and move displays and other material including store stock up to 20lbs.
Basic knowledge of BC Hydro’s current initiatives, services and programs as well as some understanding of electricy generation.
To apply, click here.
6911 Southpoint Drive
British Columbia Canada