Our ideal candidates for the Revelstoke Visitor Centre would have an interest in electricity, customer
service, travel / tourism, as well as a zest for learning and an ability to translate these learning’s to our
visitors. As tour guides, you act as an ambassador for our company and are a primary resource for
sharing knowledge on how electricity is generated, the history and construction of the generating
station/dam, and BC Hydro’s current initiatives, services and programs, including environmental
programs and local capital projects.
The successful candidate:
- Greets visitors to the Visitor Centre, generates interest in our facilities and programs, and responds to visitor enquiries
- Provides guided tours following established tour content, tailoring content to meet the needs and interests of the assigned group.
- Responds to visitor enquiries, sharing information with visitors and referring visitors to other resources within the organization where appropriate. * Provides assistance for self-guided tours. Answers questions about other tourism opportunities
- in the area.
- Conducts tourism or other research and surveys on behalf of BC Hydro
- Participates in promotional activities and projects to improve visitor center operations and visitor experiences
- Assists others over the phone or via email with enquiries about the Visitor Centre or general BC
- Hydro questions.
- Utilizes the Point of Sale (POS) system to process admission fees and retail purchases from the gift shop. Handles cash, counts daily intake, and completes end of day reporting. Trouble shoots problems with the POS system and escalates as required.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, completing reports, and maintaining equipment and supplies.