Communication Protection & Control (CPC) Technologist Trainee
Organization : BC Hydro
Location: Canada, British Columbia, various
End of contest: February 16, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk)
Communications, Protection & Control Technologists are key to the operating, protection and
communication systems of the BC Hydro network. The work involves the installation, maintenance and repair of critical electronic equipment for detecting and responding to power system faults, controlling system devices, and data and voice transfer throughout the Province. Often work sites are in remote locations, such as mountain top microwave and mobile radio repeaters, and travel is required; other installations are generating stations and control centres, where the power system is remotely monitored and controlled.
• Learn practical maintenance and troubleshooting skills from experienced technologists
• Study written technical material from BC Hydro's online Communications, Protection and Control
• Receive practical and theoretical training in various disciplines through in-house and externally
The successful candidate will have:
• Completed a National Diploma Program in Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology with a Power and/or Communications Option from an accredited institution. Please check with your place of education if you are unsure if your diploma qualifies you for this position.
• Must hold valid Drivers License (Regular, full license [BC’s Class 5] or New license [BC’s Class 7 “N”]) or ability to obtain same by April 1, 2014.
• Computer literacy is essential and mechanical aptitude is required.
• Applicants should be physically fit with normal colour vision.
Please note: Where equivalent status is claimed, acceptable documentation must be provided by
the applicant that will show equivalency of courses taken. Either a letter from your place of
education or your instructor indicating the course(s) and stating that the course(s) taken would be
considered equivalent to the BC Hydro educational requirements.
To apply, click here.
6911 Southpoint Drive
British Columbia Canada