Manager, Enterprise Business Applications
Location: Canada, Alberta, Calgary
End of contest: February 16, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
AltaLink is Alberta’s largest transmission company, supplying safe and reliable electricity to more than 85% of Alberta’s population. AltaLink is taking on new challenges in the middle of Canada’s fastest growing economy. We are doing everything in our power to attract and keep the best and brightest to expand our team of top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and record of safety and operational excellence. We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our growing team! Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Manager, Enterprise Business Applications is required to lead the Organization in achieving business strategic initiatives through the use of Information Technology. The primary goal is to ensure the SAP system application solutions and business needs of AltaLink are being met. This includes collaboration with various stakeholders in development and maintenance of a 1 to 3 year Business and Systems strategy road map. You will lead through collaboration with the business and IT to formulate, prioritize resource load, as well as provide guidance on various projects while ensuring SAP production support is stable. Scope includes working with the business to deliver a consultative approach to develop a clear and concise business strategy, continue to improve on the application metrics, support business process design through the use of (but not exclusive to) SAP(ERP) tools, coach and mentor the business with the conversion of business requirements into system projects. This position will work with the IT department to provide leadership on the implementation plan and ensure the solution aligns to the corporation and Enterprise Architecture strategies. This role also consults with critical IT development processes, SDLC, QA, PMO to ensure their continuous improvement and refinement. These processes need to align and be supported by the application team to ensure business value is being delivered.
- Work with Business Unit Champions and Project Leaders, as well as external resources, to identify high-impact business requirements and develop them into value-adding programs and projects.
- Actively participate in steering committee meetings and work with key stakeholders and project leaders to ensure projects within the program have adequate business visibility, resources and financial commitment.
- Leverage Project Management experience with process and tools. Accountable for Idea Generation to Execution of SAP and other enterprise business applications initiatives.
- Report progress to business groups on overall business systems road-maps and fiscal year program plans.
- Perform post implementation reviews to ensure projected business benefits are achieved and document lessons learned.
- Ensure effective adoption / use of systems and changes.
- Review current Service Level Agreements and propose updates.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for system improvements.
- Consult with business managers, IT managers and senior executives to improve or implement standard business processes involving systems and technology (e.g., reduce cost, reduce cycle time, simplify, automate or optimize).
- Create budgets and resource plans to accomplish information technology program objectives.
- Lead strategic feasibility studies and/or requirements phases for key initiatives.
- Review evolving and new technologies, assess the potential to add value and recommend adoption where appropriate.
- Make recommendations to current SAP and enterprise business applications policies and procedures.
- Lead teams of application support analysts, developers and functional experts that will support and drive out new product solutions for maintenance and enhancements.
- 10-15 years project and people management experience.
- 5-10 years of SAP experience (or other ERP solutions).
- 5-7 years business process and/or system configuration experience.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or a Computer Sciences Diploma with extensive years of experience. Designation can be Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related fields.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP R/3( FI/CO, TM, HR and BW) and new dimension products such as BI, CRM and APO systems an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of using SAP & BW in an international manufacturing company is highly desirable.
- Prior participation on cross-functional business system project teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong client service orientation. Ability to become internal business partner.
- General understanding of current business system technology.
Only the candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
2611 3rd Ave SE