Location: Canada, Alberta, Calgary
End of contest: February 20, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
AltaLink is Alberta’s largest transmission company, supplying safe and reliable electricity to more than 85 % of Alberta’s population. AltaLink is taking on new challenges in the middle of Canada’s fastest growing economy. We are doing everything in our power to attract and keep the best and brightest to expand our team of top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and record of safety and operational excellence. We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our growing team! An opportunity currently exists for the position of Engineering Clerk within the Integrated Projects (IP) Support Group. This role requires an efficient multi-tasker and outgoing individual to provide technical administrative support to the Integrated Projects team by assisting the Project Managers and Engineers with a variety of activities related to the management and delivery of projects.
- Primarily accountable to provide technical administrative support to the IP Project Managers and Engineers, while working closely with its Administrative, and Project Controls and Scheduling staff.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports from data derived from a combination of staff inquiry and electronic files and databases.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of electronic filing systems.
- Prepare a variety of electronic and hardcopy packages for prime contractor, construction authorization and energization activities.
- Assisting Project Managers in development of concurrent engineering agreements.
- Tracking of technical drawings in Projectwise and updating Project Managers as to status of returns.
- Development of drawings required for facility crossing agreements using ABADATA and AMP.
- Working with Project Managers and Engineers to create technical return data delivery agreements, receiving return data, and creation of transmittal logs within the Technical Data and Document Management System (TDDMS).
- Support salvage and retirements work.
- Review maintenance notifications and plans in SAP and/or Transmission Line Maintenance (TLM) and prepare reports.
- Development of construction packages for projects including scope of work, issued for construction drawings, material lists, crossing agreements, quality control and assurance checklists, and prime contractor handover packages.
- Update the annual scope of work in Sharepoint with project-related information (resources, schedule, scope changes).
- Provide SAP support to the team.
- Retrieve data from project files to support audit deliverable requirements, as requested.
- Other administrative support duties as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years administrative or related experience and/or experience coordinating multiple projects.
- Minimum education: high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge or education in basic electrical theory would be an asset.
- General knowledge of power system facilities and the Alberta Electric Utility Code (AEUC) is desired.
- Understanding of electric transmission system operations and maintenance.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- Must have a demonstrated positive and proactive approach and be prepared to be flexible in the work performed.
- Proactive, results focused with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn and function in various software environments.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office applications including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of software and databases, specifically SharePoint and SAP.
- Familiar with other software and databases, such as ABADATA, AMP, Primavera, TDDMS, TLM and Projectwise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of good performanceand attendance. NOTE: AltaLink employees should be aware that we may contact your manager during the selection process.
2611 3rd Ave SE