- Scanning and verifying PO and Non-PO invoices accurately.
- Distributing invoices electronically to the appropriate coders/approvers.
- Ensuring taxes, holdbacks, prepaids and special payment terms are handled correctly.
- With assistance from the Accounts Payable Accountant II, ensuring compliance with applicable corporate and accounting policies.
- Identifying and resolving PO matching issues (i.e. PO, goods receipt and invoice) and assisting with posting of PO invoices.
- Reviewing non-PO invoices for reasonableness prior to posting, including coding.
- Understanding and resolving vendor or internal queries, issues and exceptions.
- Entering payment requests, employee expense claims and journal vouchers.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and follow up of outstanding items.
- Communicating with vendors and co-workers to resolve invoicing related issues.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of High School diploma
- 3 plus years of related experience
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles and common administrative processes
- Previous experience within an accounting environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel; SAP experience would be an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tasks
- Ability to multi task
- Detail oriented with strong processing and data entry skills (speed & accuracy)
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven track record of good attendance and job performance NOTE: AltaLink employees should be aware that we may contact your manager during the selection process.
Only the candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
2611 3rd Ave SE