Gas SCADA Manager (Job ID #: 1764)
Location: United States, Texas, San Antonio
End of contest: March 12, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full-Time
CPS Energy is the largest municipally owned energy company in the nation providing both gas and electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 740,000 industrial, commercial and residential electrical customers and more than 330,000 natural gas customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas, area. We have a strong history of industry leading financial performance, customer satisfaction, participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Gas SCADA Manager. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you!
The specific function of this position is to oversee the Gas SCADA system on a 24/7 basis and insure its operation in support of CPS Energy’s natural gas transmission and distribution systems. This position also supports the Gas Business Unit’s requirement to remain compliant with PHMSA guidelines.
The primary customers of the Gas SCADA system are System Operations, Energy Supply and Market Operations, and Gas Engineering. The Gas SCADA system provides real time operational data such as pipe pressure, gas flow, energy content, odorant level, and valve position. This data allows system operators and energy controllers to monitor the safety and reliable operation of the gas network. This data is also used to verify that the natural gas actually delivered by CPS Energy’s suppliers matches the invoices of those suppliers. In addition, the Gas SCADA system provides a means of central control of gas station equipment allowing timely response to routine and emergency events.
Other functions are as follows:
• Maintains the gas SCADA system up “24/7”
• Ensures the displays, data and controls are accurate
• Ensures the gas SCADA system is secure from physical and cyber attacks
• Ensures gas regulations and standards and also NERC CIP requirements
• Manages the timely distribution of the acquired and accurate data
• Responds to users and other business units in a timely manner
• Oversees development, changes and the subsequent testing
• Manages personnel
• Provides company requested information including budgets
• Performs other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Principles:
• Accountability and Attention to Detail:
Produced results despite obstacles. Held herself/himself and others accountable, without flinching. Stood behind all commitments. Ensured all work was correct and accurate. Demonstrated adaptability and responsiveness when seeking out new ways to provide value to our customers.
• One Company Mindset:
Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual. Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy. Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
• Metrics and Facts Oriented:
Bases recommendations and actions on sound analysis, solid data, confirmed facts, and insights into root causes. Gauges success objectively, based on results (not activities), using numbers, facts, milestones, and external benchmarks
The following qualifications are required for the position of Manager of Gas SCADA:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
• Licensed professional engineer in the State of Texas
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with pipeline transportation of natural gas or utility SCADA systems
• 3 years experience supervising the work of others
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is preferred but not required for the position of Manager of Gas SCADA:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university
• System administration of Windows and UNIX operating systems
• Telvent OASyS Gas SCADA system
• Oracle 10g or later
• OSIsoft’s PI Historian
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Telvent Sage 2400 RTUs
• ROC Flow-computers (100, 300 and 800 series)
• Daniel Gas Chromatographs
• Natural Gas Custody Transfer Sites
• DNP communication protocol
• Network Communication and Security
• NERC CIP Standards
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Yes
Texas United States