The Project Engineer is responsible for completing, planning, coordinating and managing engineering activities for Engineering or EPC projects. The incumbent will provide engineering to promote the successful execution of projects with a focus on cost effectiveness, constructability and schedule.
• Provide engineering for total project effort including project schedule development; participation in construction planning and design; resolution of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
• Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall project schedule
• Interface with all engineering departments/disciplines as required in the establishment of project schedules and resolving schedule problems
• Complete engineering assigned to designated project
• Comply with and follow project engineering procedures and other work control and reporting documents
• Represent company, project team and/or engineering department during bid process, project scope development, client meetings and project management meetings
• Interface with Project Manager and Project Superintendents necessary to review constructability of design with the goal of meeting quality, cost and schedule commitments
• Bachelor or Master's degree in an Engineering Discipline
• 5-10 years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial engineering design working on complex, multi-discipline engineering or EPC projects
• Must be licensed as a professional engineer
• Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines
• Must be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices, etc.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with peers, project managers, site managers and clients
• Must have a proven track record of accomplishment as a design engineer on industrial projects and be capable of working in a team of engineers, designers and support personnel
• Possess working knowledge of scheduling techniques utilizing Microsoft Project, Primavera P3 and Expedition project management software
Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
Apply for job: click here