Engineer (Competition Number: 01-14-01)
Great opportunities are available to talented, motivated individuals who share our entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
We are ATCO Gas, Alberta’s largest natural gas distribution company serving more than one million people in nearly 300 Alberta commmunities. ATCO Gas is part of the ATCO Group of Companies, an Alberta-based organization with more than 9,400 employees worldwide. Build your future with us and see where your potential can take you!
The duties of this position encompass the Distribution Design and Operations areas of engineering. You will be responsible for designing the systems needed to safely and reliably deliver natural gas, taken from transmission lines, to the homes and businesses of our customers. System design includes managing the short and long term growth requirements of our system to meet the needs of the communities we serve, including planning for replacement of aging infrastructure. You will also provide liaison support between engineering and internal pipeline operations, including dealing with immediate operations concerns and analysis in support of improvement projects.
ATCO Gas is dedicated to the development of technical and business competencies within our Engineering group. Accordingly, we have established a development program which allows Engineers to attain the necessary skills and experience in various departments and business units.
- Plan and design gas distribution systems to conform to applicable codes, acts, company policies, city, municipal or rural standards and developers’ requests.
- Manage multiple engineering projects dealing with the maintenance, analysis and reporting of distribution pipelines and related facilities.
- Preparation of designs, cost analysis, budgets, capital estimates, forecasts, network simulations and other special studies related to the distribution of natural gas.
- Provides technical assistance to questions regarding gas service in assigned areas.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and eligible for registration with APEGGA or a Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta (P.Eng.).
- Demonstrated team leadership, organizational, planning, creativity and problem solving abilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical aptitude, initiative, responsible work habits and community involvement.
- Engineering experience preferably in gas distribution or utilities is an asset.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.
Apply for this job: click here