Project Engineer (Job ID job-667)
Gemini is an innovative professional services firm that provides engineering, fabrication and maintenance solutions for energy and industrial facilities across Western Canada.
Gemini has been Harnessing the energy of its staff and clients for over 30 years. We've built a reputation for collaborating with our clients to solve complex project problems with a steadfast commitment to safety, quality, and providing cost-effective solutions.
Gemini has been powering innovations in conventional and unconventional oil & gas, in-situ heavy oil and heavy industrial facilities in Western Canada and internationally.
Gemini is seeking Project Engineer. This role will be responsible for the project management and engineering of smaller projects working independently and/or participates in a support role on larger projects. Candidates will have a university degree in Engineering or applied science with a minimum of 5 years of related working experience.
- Planning, scheduling and estimating design engineering effort on projects from the completion of project design to issues of all drawings and specifications to meet project targets.
- Controlling expenditures on all projects to meet project cost targets.
- Interpreting project specifications and scope to all engineering disciplines.
- Reviewing and approving all designs and vendor drawings to ensure conformity with project specifications, company practices and good engineering practice.
- Monitoring design changes and contract extras.
- Project scoping with client.
- Project Design Basis Memorandum and execution plan, budgets and schedules.
- Distribute work to various disciplines within and outside the company, assemble project team.
- Detailed calculations, specification of equipment, review and checked detailed engineering drawings.
- Timely project reporting (scheduling, cost control, progress reports, etc.)
- Manage budget and schedule on assigned projects.
- Maintain client liaison for assigned projects.
- Manage outside supply of materials and services (i.e. compressor QC through inspectors).
- Assist in manpower planning by reviewing work commitments, work distribution and continuity through regular project review meetings.
- Competent understanding of Company/Client procedures and requirements.
- Computer proficiency in Windows, MS Office, and E-mail.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask efficiently and flexibility to respond to changes in priorities.
- Good organizational and time management skills; Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team Player – Ability to work in multidiscipline environments.
- Decision making and problem solving ability.
- Initiative – Self starter, take ownership and responsibility.
- University graduate in Engineering or applied science with a minimum of 5+ years of related working experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Submit resumes in confidence as follows:
Gemini conducts pre-employment, random, suspected-cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing for all safety-sensitive positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gemini Corporation is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GKX.
|Applications are being accepted until March 06, 2014|