Caracal Energy Inc. is a publicly traded (CRCL: LSE) Canadian energy company involved in the exploration, development and production of oil in the Republic of Chad in Africa. Through wholly-owned subsidiaries, the Company is a party to three production sharing contracts with the Government of Chad which provide the Company with the exclusive rights to develop: (i) the Chari-Ouest (Borogop) and Chari-Doseo blocks in Southern Chad in the Doseo and Eastern Doba basin; (ii) the DOB (Mangara) and DOI (Badila) blocks; and (iii) the DOH (N'Donambo) block.
Reporting to the Project Services Manager, the Project Services Coordinator (PSC) will be responsible for supporting our Exploration and Development portfolio of projects in Chad, Africa.
Based in Calgary the PSC will be supporting our Exploration, Asset Management, Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Teams in managing the execution of a program of projects or a single major project within our portfolio. This role will be responsible for driving integration and communication across the Project Teams, by raising awareness of Cost, Schedule, Risks and Changes.
On a project or group of projects, the PSC will be specifically responsible for –
- Creation / maintenance of Project schedules, Cost tracking / trending and reporting (tracking of budget versus plan vs. forecast), change and risk management
- Updating of project schedule, cost, change and risk status
- Analysis and identification of early warnings / mitigation strategies for team review
- Weekly / Monthly Project reporting for JV Partner / E&PM / Department review
- Business processes - identification of improvement, implementation and stewardship as the company grows
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Work with business stakeholders, business and project team members to gather requirements, develop schedules / cost estimates and track performance against execution plans
- Financial and Budget status follow-up in collaboration with the Finance, Accounts and Commercial teams, Functional team members and field staff
- Monitor relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, and provide updates / early warning to the Asset and Project Manager
- Prepare all execution performance updates and communications related to the project
- Analyze execution performance and provide recommendations / feedback to the team members
- Collection, tracking and reporting of potential project risks
- Early identification of potential scope of work or execution changes, and updating of project schedules and cost forecast to reflect agreed changes
- Establish collaboration with the internal departments / disciplines the project team; track / monitor teams performance against commitments and provide Development Manager and team member updates
- Support the applicable Manager in ensuring project planning and communication is completed with the business, external customers and other stakeholders regarding status, milestones, issue resolution and escalation
- Provide data and analysis for project close out reviews – production, cost, schedule, risk management performance and associated metrics
Education Level: University - Bachelors
Experience and Qualifications:
- The candidate must demonstrate analytical, process, communication, facilitation and organizational skills.
- The candidate must have experience and / or knowledge of the business processes and functions of the key disciplines involved in delivering a project – Exploration and development, construction, drilling and completions, facilities engineering and production operations
- Professional Project Management accreditation an asset.
- University Degree in a related Engineering, Project Management or applicable Business field. Further education or professional accreditation in Project Management desirable.
- Five to Ten years of progressively responsible experience in projects or multi-function roles e.g. Exploit Engineer, Field supervisor, Production operations, Project Engineer
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of analytical methods, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of project planning and management procedures, practices, and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting.
- Good computer skills, proficient with MS office applications.
- Educational and experience requirements include engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training plus 2 years’ experience / knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.
Experience with Primavera P6, Business intelligence tools and / or finance and reporting software an advantage