Senior Geotechnical Engineers (Job Reference 1611563)
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
About the Business - Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go Green and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M HILLs Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earths natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Lets Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications - Senior Geotechnical Engineer
You should be an Engineer(Geotechnical/Civil/Geological/Environmental, etc) who is self-motivated and team-focused with a minimum of 15 years of geotechnical consulting experience in project management, technical leadership, and business development leadership roles serving the mining industry. You possess a track record of exceptional client service management and a desire to grow both personally and professionally.
Ideally we are seeking the preferred candidate to be based out of our Vancouver, BC office. However, we are open to additonal locations in Canada (Calgary, Toronto, etc.).
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of geotechnical/civil experience
- Strong technical background, including the use of advanced analysis techniques including finite elements and finite difference methods and seismic analysis
- Proven experience preparing and reviewing proposals, reports and project documentation
- Proven experience as a technical reviewer -Specialization in stability of soil and rock slopes; design of earth and concrete dams, tailings dams, deep foundations
- Significant experience in cold regions
- Bachelors degree in applicable discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Professional Engineer required
- BC Roster of Approved Professionals or eligibility for appointment
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Lets get to work.