Sabre Industries, Inc.
Location: United States, Texas, Alvarado
End of contest: March 10, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and facilities.
- Performs diagnosis, testing, disassembly, inspecting, repair and re-assembly of plant equipment or components such as hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, hydraulic shear, vacuum equipment, roller leveler, cranes, electrical boards and components, etc.
- Performs skilled trouble shooting and servicing of pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Performs proper replacement and/or adjustment of mechanical clutches, drive trains, etc.
- Repair of worn parts, straightens and fabricates fixtures (welding, cutting, brazing, and surface hardening applications).
- Assist junior personnel and operators in proper direction of equipment repairs.
- Ability to perform major and general repairs on all equipment.
- Required to record labor and material used on each repair made in CMMS.
- Required to take proper care and use of test equipment.
- Required to properly use lift equipment (cranes, booms, man lifts, cherry picker, etc.)
- Exercise communication skills pertaining to the job.
- Occasionally will be called during irregular hours to handle production coverage with little or no supervision.
- Reports all abnormal conditions and safety hazards to supervisor.
- Will perform housekeeping and other routine tasks as directed.
- Is diligent at all times to work safely, and to follow safe working practices, including Lockout/Tagout procedures and other safety procedures.Lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, stretching, stooping, and working in awkward and/or confined positions
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret electrical schematics
- At least three years of electrical and mechanical experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must have proven hands on experience of working on overhead cranes above 10 ton, wire welders and hydraulic presses.
- PLC experience would be a plus.
- Must have knowledge of basic shop mathematics, addition, subtraction, fractions, multiplication and decimals.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic hydraulic, pneumatic, and structural schematics.
- Ability to convert inch to metric.
- Ability to use gauging equipment from .001' up, dial indicators, micrometers, feeler gauges, etc.
- Climbing (heights to 40'), lifting, bending, kneeling, crawling, stretching, and working in confined areas and awkward positions.
- Handling gearboxes on top of machines, changing brakes, motors on cranes, etc.
- Average weight of object handled is 30 lbs. normally standing or stooping.
- Percentage of workday in each position is climbing 5%, bending or kneeling 10%, stooping 10%, standing or walking 75%.
Sabre Industries, Inc.
8653 E. Highway 67
Texas United States