Founded in 1967, SNC-Lavalin Nuclear provides a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and abroad including engineering and design, procurement, project management and construction for new build nuclear power plants, major refurbishments, life extensions and sustaining capital projects, for both the CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor Technologies. It also provides specialized services such as safety analysis, licensing support, environmental qualification, metrology/spatial analysis, geotechnical investigations, feasibility studies, siting studies, operations support, decommissioning and waste management services.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear holds the distinction of being the first Canadian engineering/construction services organization to receive ASME N-Stamp certification for safety and quality.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin Inc., one of the world’s leading engineering and construction firms with over 34,000 employees working in offices located across Canada and in over 100 countries globally.
- Conduct electrical design and technical analysis of assigned Electrical engineering scope;
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior and intermediate engineers and designers;
- Oversee the preparation of assigned Engineering Change packages in accordance with established Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes;
- Interface with Clients; attend site visits and meetings;
- Interface with vendors;
- Ensure timely project delivery in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, procedures and established project quality plans and performance criteria;
- Responsible for the performance of subordinate engineers and designers (quality, budget and schedule);
- Support the Discipline Lead with timely updates to engineering progress, performance and staffing needs.