Civil Engineer Intern (Job Number:603279)
The Civil Engineer Intern will be responsible for design and analysis related activities associated with high voltage transmission line and substation facilitates. This includes preparation of steel, concrete, foundation, and general layout calculations. Responsibilities will also include specifying project hardware material and drafting responsibilities. For Electrical Engineers this includes preparation of single-lines, schematics, and wiring designs for substations, as well as preparation of system models for load, fault, and protection analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation of studies and reports for transmission and distribution systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering, or must be currently enrolled in an accredited Electrical or Civil Engineering Bachelor's degree program.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Team player with ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- High level of computer competency
- Knowledge of Autocad and Microstation
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
11951 Freedom Drive
Virginia United States