Electrician - Electric & Hydro (Req: 51547277-E01)
Location: United States, California, Tracy
End of contest: May 9, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Conduct visual, auditory inspections and electrical testing of equipment to troubleshoot problems for repair or replacement.
- Responsible for all schedules, assignments, directives and programs that may be assigned by the supervisor, and/or substation crew lead.
- Perform switching on equipment at all voltages as direction by system operations in accordance with established PGE practices.
- Identify problems and research needed repair via manuals, specialist recommendation, manufacturer's specification and schematics; record status of equipment into tracking system.
- Perform all phases of substation maintenance work; adjustment of switches, checking grounds, checking electrical connections, service and inspect equipment, sampling and testing oil, filtering of oil, update substation logs and equipment records, maintenance of substation yard, fence, gates, signs, troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and stored energy systems, reading and understanding schematic diagrams, etc.
- Records test results and relocates equipment to staging area.
- Uses tools and rags to remove corrosion and rust and solvents to remove oil, grease and paint from equipment; prepares units for painting and may apply touch-up paint.
- Records completed maintenance, repairs and inspection results.
- Researches and orders parts.
- Provides and receives technical assistance to customers, associates, manufactures and suppliers regarding standards, procedures, equipment design changes and design flaws via telephone, e-mail or in person.
- Operates pallet jack, forklift and crane to move and reposition equipment; may operate man lift for repairs; operates pressure washer.
- Overtime may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Internal Candidates: Qualified on Physical Test Battery [PTB] before applying
- External Candidates: Qualified on Physical Test Battery [PTB] prior to interview
- Completion of an Apprentice Electrician program
- Must have a valid California Class C Driver's License
- Minimum of 3 years Journey level experience in commercial or industrial electrical construction
- PG&E construction or utility experience
- Instrumentation and Control experience
- Motor Control experience
- Power Generation or substation experience
- California Commercial Driver License- Class A
Apply for this position