IT Enterprise Architect, Lead Principal (Req: 51813087-E03)
Organization : PG&E
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
End of contest: May 2, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Leads the enablement and advancement of enterprise architecture capabilities and community of practice at PG&E.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of all technical standards, design patterns, reference architectures and roadmaps for a Reference Architecture Framework containing a broad collection of foundational services.
- Partners with all Business Technology Leads, Portfolio Architects and Solution Architects to provide technology that supports solutions which meet business capabilities and are consistent with enterprise standards, architectures and strategies for specific Reference Architectures.
- Works individually and collectively with other domain enterprise architects to ensure breadth and granularity of strategies, standards, design patterns and roadmaps are consistent and integrated across an encompassing enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Collaborates and provides guidance to all Information Technology (IT) teams within PG&E to ensure they are kept current on technology developments, trends, architectural best practices and new business initiatives for particular Reference Architectures.
- Works with the Project Management Organization (PMO) to establish framework for the IT governance process that help ensure IT initiatives comply with the enterprise architecture standards and strategies and advocate for new alternative concepts and technology applications.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- 10 years of enterprise architecture experience.
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or other Technology Discipline
Other Key Qualifications:
- Has significant experience leading transformation to cloud computing
- Understands platform as a service and how platforms can help organizations be faster and more efficient
- Excellent soft skils and experience working with executives
- Good experience at mentoring and leading staff
- Experience with deskside technologies - need someone with broad knowledge!
- In depth understanding of and competence in supporting architecture, design, development, and deployment related to a domain or associated sub-domain.
- In depth understanding, within a domain or associated sub-domain, of industry trends, emerging standards and the ability to apply them. Participates in discussion and development of industry trends and technologies.
- Expert level knowledge and a well-rounded understanding of utility industry trends and technologies.
- Demonstrated competence in leading architecture, design, development, and deployment related to a domain or associated sub-domain.
- Expert level awareness and understanding of hardware, networks, software technologies, applications, and modeling techniques related to a domain or associated sub-domain.
- Experience with specific technologies, systems and platforms related to a domain or associated sub-domain.' Experience with hardware, networks, software technologies, applications, and modeling techniques related to a domain or associated sub-domain.
- Experience leading the strategic vision and direction with specific technologies, systems and platforms related to a domain or associated sub-domain.