Field/Distribution Engineer (Job Number:603362)
Leidos is actively seeking a creative, highly talented and self-motivated Field Engineer. The Electric Utility Field/Distribution Engineer will be required to travel to sites as needed and according to schedule.
Projects will include field data collection throughout Michigan typical locations are:
- Battle Creek
- Grand Rapids
- Traverse City
- West Branch
The successful candidate will support the following activities:
- Field inspections and data collection of distribution infrastructure including design recommendations, pole loading analysis/modeling, clearance analysis, obtain all required customer approvals, easements, & permits for proposed work within right-of-way or on customer property.
- Duties may include field support of line construction activities.
- Maintain thorough understanding of NESC Standards, PUC Standards, & Client Standards while also maintaining a safe working environment.
- Additionally the candidate must have a strong background in utility distribution design work responsibilities will include overhead and underground cable/conduit design work packages.
- This design work will include complex overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, identification of conflicting utilities, engineering and design calculations, and work permit development.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Civil Preferred) from a four year ABET accredited college or university
- Minimum of four years of electric utility experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to travel frequently. Overnight travel may be required (50%-75% Travel)
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
Leidos Overview: Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
11951 Freedom Drive
Virginia United States