Electric Operations Work & Resource Planning Analyst (Req: 51852127-E02)
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
End of contest: May 2, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
This Analyst position is responsible for driving results via the following activities:
- Assists in the development of a long range and annual work plan portfolio and annual resource plan.
- Assists in the tracking and reporting of work progression.
- Monitors the annual budget creation process for the project-managed work to make sure the planned work is correctly represented in the overall budget plan.
- Quantifies in financial and operational terms the funding and resources required to execute work plans and work portfolios. Runs regular reports from multiple data sources to analyze available resources and compare against resource demand by work category.
- Assists in the development of contingency plans for the portfolio of work in the annual and long-term plans.
- Supports planning needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to achieve desired data outcomes.
- Assists in the development of presentations on specific strategic work plans to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Participates on special initiative project teams.
- Supports other teams across Electric Operations - Strategic Business Management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics, business administration or comparable quantitative field or equivalent related work experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience in data & financial analysis and management
- Working knowledge of Electric Operations
- Prior experience developing work plans or project management
- Knowledge of VBA coding or similar
- Solid understanding of utility budget process, cost model and regulatory recovery process
- General understanding of the utility or energy industry drivers, issues and trends.
- Good knowledge of long-term strategic resource/operational planning theories, concepts, practices, methods and techniques.
- Data analysis, monitoring, benchmarking and business/financial analysis skills including knowledge of varied analytical methods.
- Analytical problem solving and decision making skills to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity.
- Understanding of business and work planning processes. (e.g., Units, Maintenance Activity Type
- (MAT) Codes, Provider Cost Center (PCC) Codes, dates, activities, systems, etc.).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, Visual Basic Applications (VBA) or similar software.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP Systems - SAP, Business Warehouse, Business Objects
- Experience manipulating large data sets in Excel
- Process Improvement Experience
Apply for this position