Safety Specialist - Bay Area Location
Organization : PG&E
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
End of contest: May 2, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Partners with supervisor to conduct and complete incident analysis and ensure the chain of command are notified.
- Provides SME on incidents analysis and provides consultation and guidance on corrective action development. Ensures completion of corrective actions.
- Ensures mutual collaboration with line of business and integrate in all levels of the organization in regards to safety (field employees, grassroot).
- Serves as a liaison between the technical and practical aspect of safety and ensure implementation into the line of business.
- Frequently shares safety information to all in an impactful and results oriented way.
- Communicates safety trends and recommends safety corrective actions.
- Mentors supervisors on safety process and applicable programs.
- Create safety action plans to strategize approach and provide guidance in development.
- Utilizes safety trend analysis to identify and mitigate actions to correct gaps. Introduce and implement innovative solutions with impact to correct gaps.
- Communicates opportunities for improvement.
- Delivers safety training and measures the effectiveness of training. Partners with learning academy to improve training quality.
- Provides guidance on coordinating annual training and training profiling as needed.
- Serve as a resource for the development, implementation, and sustainability of the various companywide initiatives. (Culture, near hit, grassroots, ergonomics, etc)
- Supports compliance with applicable programs (Respirator, hearing, ergo)
- Conducts field and driver observations.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to travel up 30% of the time throughout the PG&E Service Territory
- BA/BS degree
- Initial professional certification (e.g., Associate Safety Professional, Occupational Health & Safety Technologist, Certified Utility Safety Professional)
- Solid knowledge of PG&E safety procedures and the Code of Safe Practices
- Solid knowledge of CalOSHA general industry and construction safety orders and basic knowledge of other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA, FedOSHA, etc)
- Proficient at conducting and evaluating root cause analysis investigations and evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions
- Proficient at conducting hazard evaluations for complex jobs and recommending appropriate controls
- Solid knowledge of key PG&E organizations and their potential exposure to safety and health risks.
- Competent at providing quality customer service and support in a professional and confident manner, and identifying potential safety needs
- Knowledge of incident management
- Knowledge of job safety analysis
- Knowledge of quality corrective action understanding
- Knowledge of office and field ergonomics
- Demonstrates skill in delivering clear, understandable oral presentations to groups