Distribution Operations Analyst (Req: 51845863-E01)
Organization : PG&E
Location: United States, California, Santa Rosa
End of contest: May 2, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Planning and Forecasting:
- Works with Program Manager, GC Construction Manager or Division Resource Lead, and Superintendent(s) to establish targets and monitor construction hours/units.
- Identifies deviation from forecasted costs, work units, and construction hours/units.
- Works with Business Finance counterparts to develop and/or adjust detailed plans during planning cycle; analyzes spending and productivity and submits business cases as necessary.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Monitors budget and productivity and analyzes variances.
- Conducts research to ensure accuracy in the records, and provides data as needed for corrections and/or consolidation.
- Tracks and reports resource utilization and overtime usage, tracks and communicates monthly metric results, investigates results and recommends/initiates corrective actions.
- Point of contact on Scorecards and other operational performance metrics and reports.
- Assists in development of new reports and analysis; able to merge disparate data sources and develop data visualizations, charts, and other illustrations.
- Plan Execution:
- Analyze unit cost/productivity, and informs Superintendent and Program Managers of status and any required actions.
- Develops business case for changes as needed.
- Monitors non-labor PCC costs, meets with Supervisors to analyze any variances from plan and communicates status and actions required.
- Works with clerical staff to ensure time reporting is accurate.
- Supports System Resource Team (SRT) process, participating in or facilitating meetings and monitoring all construction metrics.
- Support: During emergency response situations, may act as finance lead, oversee crew management and logistics in Outage Management Tool, Region Emergency Center (REC) & Operations Emergency Center (OEC), issues purchase orders or administers short for contract, and/or acts as job owner for non-estimated emergency response orders.
- Participates in or leads local or system wide initiatives.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and analysis for special issues, acts as subject matter expert for one or more process or procedure area, represents Division on operating work flow issues, and others as needed.
- 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of utility or related business experience
- Proficient in SAP or other ERP (Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Advanced use of Excel: formulas, Pivot Tables, Slicers, Macros, basic VBA
- 3 years of experience in a utility analyst or business planning role