Station Electrician C-A
Perform all types of work involved in the construction, maintenance, rebuild, removal, operation, testing and inspection of energized or de-energized generation, transmission and distribution facilities. Assist in responding to emergency call-outs on station trouble and coordinating prompt restoration of service to customers as required. The following list sets forth the principal duties required with the degree of supervision normally given. This list is not intended to limit assignment of work or the degree of supervision under all operating conditions. Employee may perform miscellaneous, related, and incidental work in addition to that specifically outlined below. Work on energized equipment up to 260 volts.
After six months in classification, employee shall assist in work on conductors and equipment energized at voltages above 750 volts with direct supervision or assistance of personnel in higher classification.
Assist in disassembling and reassembling, inspecting, maintenance, and repairing of station transformers, circuit breakers, portable substations, rotating machinery, network protectors and transformers, air ducts and heat exchangers; install and maintain station batteries; replace nitrogen bottles and air filters.
Assist in station work such as installing conduit, pipe, cable and wire; use hand lines to pass tools and materials; dig and backfill trenches; remove and spread stone; uncrate equipment and material; install and remove portable substation fences, barriers and safety signs; paint structures and equipment; climb station structures.
Use various kinds of tapes, insulating materials, protective and insulating paints and varnishes, and understand proper application of each.
Select proper prints and/or drawings for various work and have a basic understanding of each.
Use voltmeters, ohmmeters, ammeters, insulation meggers and other test equipment associated with station work.
Replace lamps, switches, duplex outlets, dry cells; install and maintain signal and communication systems.
Assist in station switching including use of radio communication and/or direct instruction from higher classification, assist in checking equipment clearances and making de-energized tests, place grounds as directed.
Assist in making visual inspections such as check lights, heaters, circuit breaker counters, oil levels, bus connections; read gauges such as voltmeters, ammeters, hydrometers, pressure and level gauges; apply start-run-stop tests on emergency generators, water and sump pumps and fire engine motors. Report abnormal conditions.
Assist in various tests involving oil samples, connecting and operating portable and stationary oil handling equipment. Assist in electrical tests, TTR, Doble, core megger and resistance for transformer testing, etc.
Operate company vehicles, cranes, aerial lifts and specialized equipment. Perform duties incidental to the operation of such equipment.
Use hand and power tools; operate portable generators, blowers and pumps; inspect and store personal protective equipment.
Knowledge and use of various knots used in station work.
Knowledge and proficiency in steel and aerial lift rescue.
Maintain records and prepare and submit reports as required.
Attend and participate in training and assist in the training of other employees as assigned.
Assist employees of equal or higher classification; direct the work of employees assigned to assist.
Become familiar with the Company s safety rules and practices and in the application of resuscitation and First Aid as presented in the Company s Safety Manual. Perform duties in accordance with the Company s safety rules and operating regulations and practices.
Perform similar or less skilled work as assigned.
Minimum Requirements 1. Must possess sufficient knowledge and skills to perform the duties and/or the responsibilities listed above.
2. Education equivalent to graduation from high school and completion of a two-year associate degree in electrical/mechanical/industrial maintenance technology or equivalent education and/or experience.
3. Knowledge of print reading sufficient to interpret and apply information from drawings, instruction manuals, one-line diagrams, and associated documents.
4. Must satisfactorily complete, in such time frames as may be established by the Company, all required training to advance to the next higher classification in the line of progression, or vacate the current classification.
5. Must have the ability and desire to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the duties and/or responsibilities of the key job (Station Electrician A) in this family and be qualified through demonstration, examination and/or performance appraisal as determined by the Company.
6. Ability to deal with customers and other employees in a courteous and professional manner.
7. Ability to plan work and to properly instruct and brief others.
8. Must obtain and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
9. Considerable travel may be required to complete work assignments.
10. Must successfully complete any pre-employment testing as determined by the Company.
11. Must live within or be willing to relocate within a 30-minute radius of the Fostoria Service Center located at 538 S. Poplar St., Fostoria OH 44830. Must be able to safely respond to all call-outs within 30 minutes.
1 Riverside Plaza
Ohio United States