Electrical Systems Engineer
Provide technical engineering advanced assistance to customers and perform advanced custom review and savings
calculations of lighting systems under Power Smart Program.
- Provide technical engineering expertise in lighting system investigations, coordinate field measurements and conduct power
quality related analysis. Will summarize results and recommend corrective action for improvements in lighting systems.
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of computer hardware and software developments related to lighting, 3D modeling,
compilation of data and analysis of customized lighting products and designs.
- Work cooperatively to assess and evaluate new technologies and products used within a facility to support the Power Smart
Lighting Program and other Demand Side Management programs.
- Perform hands-on bench testing as well as participate in research projects as project leader, advisor, or research worker.
- Work in a variety of adverse job environments commonly focused in the industrial sector. Will conduct on-site visits to
customer premises to identify, inspect, monitor, and verify energy efficiency, lighting levels, and power quality information and
- Graduate in Electrical Engineering from a university of recognized standing with a minimum of six years experience with three
years directly related to lighting and be eligible for APEGM membership.
- Possess working knowledge in the multi-engineering disciplines of electrical and industrial engineering associated to lighting,
buildings systems, and power quality topics.
- Possess knowledge of computer programs, monitoring equipment and software used for testing of lighting applications in
building systems and power quality.
- Possess solid interpersonal skills in effectively dealing with customers, trade allies, equipment suppliers and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, analyze and evaluate reports, as well as the ability to carry out assigned duties with mature
judgment and minimum supervision.
- Possess a valid Manitoba Driver's Licence.
Three weeks of accrued paid vacation after the first year, working toward a maximum of seven weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Pension and working conditions that provide for a balanced approach to work, family life and community
- Nine day work cycle which normally provides every other Monday off
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Professional Engineer for a permanent position in Winnipeg, Manitoba. You will provide technical
strategies for the planning and coordination of customer focused lighting systems, lighting services, product testing, and
assessments for the Power Smart* Lighting Program. You will specialize in promotion of efficient and effective lighting systems,
product testing and the evaluation of new lighting products and the performance of energy saving devices.
360 Portage Avenue