Telecommunications Technician (Req: 51856221-E01)
Organization : PG&E
Location: United States, California, Hayward
End of contest: May 9, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full time
- Work safely and promote safety for yourself and others.
- Keep PG&E's IT systems operational to support both business and operational IT networks needed to provide electricity to our customers.
- Work with our Telecommunication Control Center to ensure that outages are minimized and clients are informed through a clearance process.
- Provide maintenance and repair of these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Report problems to local management and escalate issues as need be.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Internal PG&E Employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Computer and Telecommunications Technician (CTT) exams prior to applying
- External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Computer and Telecommunications Technician (CTT) exams prior to applying
- Must obtain a valid Radio Telephone Operator License - FCC or Company-approved certificate within six months of report date
- Must be able to work with and/or around helicopters
- Must be able to climb towers and work at heights up to 300 feet
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Associate degree or technical certification in IT, Computer Science or Electronics
- Successful completion of Telecommunications Technician Apprenticeship