Hydro Technical Maintenance Supervisor (Req: 51866333-E01)
Location: United States, California, Rodgers Flat
End of contest: May 9, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
- Responsible for all aspects of the facility's safety program to ensure employees, contractors, and visitors are injury and illness free. Ensure the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) is implemented and that safety is the number one priority for employees and contractors. Maintain an environment where employees exhibit safe work behaviors.
- Direct maintenance and repair of powerhouses, water collection and conveyance facilities to ensure their safe and reliable operation. Direct supervision of Electrical Technicians, Communication Technicians, and Hydro Clerks.
- First responder for operational and environmental emergencies.
- Use appropriate leadership and management styles to coach employees to achieve high performance and support teamwork between operations and maintenance locally as well as throughout Power Generation. Understand and use the labor agreement effectively. Value and respect employees.
- Execute and understand all license conditions and other regulatory requirements. Ensure the hydro system is operated in a manner that meets these requirements and prevents violations. Develop good relationships with local regulatory representatives and the general public. Actively participate in re-licensing discussions to ensure that operational needs are met.
- Maximize the financial contribution of the watershed. Risks (safety, environmental, regulatory, equipment, financial) must be identified and managed to protect the corporation and maximize asset value.
- Provide key input to the strategic investment process as a result of problem identification. Utilize SAP Work Management and other tools to support effective management of the watershed assets and resources.
- 5 years of relevant experience in power generation operation, hydro engineering, maintenance, construction, or hydro operations
- Valid driver's license
- Experience working in power generation
- Experience in Hydro Protection Schemes and Functionality, SAP Work Management, SCADA and RTU Knowledge and Hydro Design Standards
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Working knowledge of PGS-2403 and IBEW contract
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydro FERC licensing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to learn software including SAP Work Management
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of PG&E commitment to safety
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering
Apply for this job