Manager Human Resources (Job ID 20140190)
Manages the HR Business Partner organization at Palo Verde to deliver core Human Resources services including policy and procedure interpretation, employee development, performance management, compensation administration, organization design and planning, problem/grievance resolution, change management and union negotiation. Partners with Palo Verde leaders to support the achievement of Palo Verde objectives.
- Actively partners with business unit leaders to influence, implement and monitor short-term and long-term strategies for driving business results and in creating a high performance culture. Provides consultation services to support business initiatives and strategy development and to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Executes HR strategies in support of business plan goals in the areas of performance management, employee development, compensation administration, employee and labor relations and organizational development. Ensures Business Unit compliance with appropriate federal and state regulations (i.e. FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Leads the day-to-day customer response to human resources issues at Palo Verde. Provides coaching and counsel to business leaders on a broad range of employee relations issues. Develops methods and systems to measure HR actions and results in each area of responsibility. Benchmarks industry best practices to achieve continuous process improvement.
- Partners with Corporate HR functions (Benefits, Compensation, Organization and Leadership Effectiveness, Labor Relations) to ensure the effective delivery of HR support and services to the business. Facilitates and influences the change management process for program integration and implementation into the business by anticipating and resolving issues, and by contributing resources and expertise in the implementation of key HR strategies and initiatives.
- Builds a high performing team by fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and development within the HR Business Partner group. Provides the team with effective leadership, guidance, coaching, communication and development.
A four-year bachelor degree in Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Business Administration or other job related field plus eight (8) years experience in Human Resource generalist positions, of which four (4) years must be in supervisory/management positions; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience equal to 12 years experience in Human Resource generalist positions, of which four (4) years must be in supervisory/management positions.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees. Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States