Senior Program Manager Enterprise Continuity-28718
- Leads the review, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of enterprise-wide business contingency plans for the following types of events: pandemic outbreak, terrorism, regional events, strike/work stoppage (in partnership with Workforce Relations), and reliability requirements (as assigned).
- Participates in joint planning with vendors/suppliers, outside agencies, government organizations, and other Xcel Energy departments (i.e. HR, Legal, Facilities, Security, IT) to develop and intergrate continuity plans with other plans as required. Responds to surveys and external pandemic planning requests as needed. Develops executive presentations and communications as requested.
- Conducts drills/exercises of enterprise continuity process and assesses actual events to implement improvements. Tracks follow-up actions and updates Emergency Response Guides. Conducts contingency plan reviews.
- Leads Emergency Response process management, including Incident Leader Processes. Produces guides, training materials, and other tools, includes providing new releases and version updates. Develops information delivery vehicles, including updates of current sites as well as selecting and managing implementation of new web or internet sites in conjunction with Xcel Energy website governance group and IT group. Leads and manages process re-engineering projects, providing design content.
- Serves as liaison to government organizations and agencies for pandemic outbreak planning and other hazards with minimal direction. Initiates and sets strategy and approach. Meets and establishes contacts for emergency response. Monitors threats.
- Develops and implements enterprise notification & emergency mobilization response tools, using communication software such as Mission Mode and other IT tools. Creates supporting processes and acts as a back-up to the tool owner. Manages training content, including maintenance and communications processes.
- Prepares communications for the Executive Steering Committees at Xcel Energy and updates on Enterprise Continuity for external agencies and organizations. Provides content for and can write white papers on continuity topics. Has executive level communication and relationship skills.
- Participates in emergencies and provides alert assistance as required, normally in back-up mode to the assigned incident leaders. May lead Executive on Call emergency alerts. Manages the EOC program as back-up to the director and is capable of managing unified command.
Bachelor's degree required in Political Science, Business Management, Communications, Law, Biological Sciences, Engineering or related field. Eight (8) years of project or program management experience with eight (8) years of process and work flow experience. Eight (8) years experience in Enterprise Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Crisis Management, Emergency Planning, Incident Leadership, or related experience. Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) is desired but not required. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with effective presentation and training skills required. This includes developing presentations, speaking, and authoring papers and communication packages. Experience implementing internet tools and web sites. Matrix management experience required. Work experience with a regulated utility desired. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet situational demands and be on call. Valid driver's license required. Must be able to travel with little advanced warning.
Other Locations:MN-Minneapolis, Wisconsin-Hudson, MN-St Paul, Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States