- Uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to perform activities/assignments that may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or methods and difficult coordination requirements.
- Supports the development of technical documentation (including but not limited to designs, testing, calculations, reports, standards, etc.) Utilizes and may assist with the development of procedures requiring a broad knowledge and proficiency in the specialty area and has a general knowledge of related disciplines.
- Works under the general direction of a higher level engineer or supervisor for routine engineering projects. Provides ongoing technical support for project activities within areas such as Operations, Maintenance, Testing/diagnostics and Regulatory, May provide field engineering oversight and or direction for activities such as commissioning, testing, inspections etc.
- May lead small-medium, non-critical projects. Coordinates/leads critical projects or portions of projects (including phases such as research, design, equipment selection, procurement support,, installation and commissioning), under the direction of a higher level engineer or supervisor. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Under the direction of a higher level engineer/supervisor, supports bid/evaluation processes including preparation of bid documents, completion of technical evaluations for proposals, providing recommendations for selection, etc. Partners and communicates with areas such as supply chain and legal following appropriate processes.
- Frequently exchanges information in all formats, on matters having a wide range of importance and complexity both inter-organizationally and with outside customer/vendors.
- May assign tasks and coordinate the work of interns, drafters, technicians, craft personnel and/or others and provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers. Responsible for continuous self development of technical skills and competencies.
- Performs activities such as budgeting, estimating, forecasting, accounting, work order management, in support of engineering projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency).
- 2+ years relevant engineering experience.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and proficiency in specialty area, knowledge of related specialties, and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level established & documented by the organization.
- EIT/FE (Engineer in Training/Fundamentals of Engineering) strongly preferred
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States