Data Management Analyst II (Job ID 20140173)
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
Location: United States, Arizona, Phoenix
End of contest: May 30, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Responsible to compile, analyze and report on a variety of statistical data related to Business Unit and/or department performance measures, costs, budget and/or other specialized data; coordinate the maintenance and enhancement of databases for tracking of Business Unit statistics and other specialized data; perform competitive research, analyze industry, competitor and APS data in order to develop and present recommendations to Business Unit/department leadership.
BS degree in Business, Science, Math or related field and two years experience in energy performance statistics, power cost factors, and cost/budgeting, energy production/transmission; or equivalent combination of education and experience; depending upon the position being filled: requires knowledge of descriptive statistics and forecasting techniques, energy system operations and maintenance factors, energy performance statistics and energy production cost factors; technical knowledge of energy plant operation as well as APS accounting and computer systems; or energy terminology, symbols and schematics must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to make presentations to upper management on technical information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Compile, organize and conduct various performance, cost, budget and/or specialized data analysis to identify trends and operation issues; reconcile data and develop explanation of variances as necessary; may develop forecasts and projections on future trends of selected performance categories (such as capacity factors, outage rates, over generation, etc.)
- Develop or assist in the creation, development and maintenance of internal database systems to support the tracking and reporting on company performance measures, costs, and/or other specialized data. Verify accuracy and completeness of data to ensure data integrity. Provide support and technical assistance to others.
- Work closely with various groups in the assembling of data, development and application of quantitative analysis and mathematical models for internal, executive, industry and regulatory reporting requirements.
- May perform competitive research; analyze industry, competitor and APS data, develop and present recommendations to Business Unit leadership; Present management with recommendations for the most current, creative and analytical alternative operating scenarios to reduce cost; may maintain and analyze energy production cost variables through the development of research, analysis and presentations ,modeling industry and APS information for delivery by management to various audiences.
- May plan and analyze the interpretation of complex cost and performance issues, including recommendations related to increased energy plant reliability and availability.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on cost related issues, including those pertaining to utility accounting and competitive strategy considerations.
- Monitor and extract data from information sources on key performance and economic measures using external and internal contacts, on-line internet databases, etc.
- Provide support and technical assistance within the departments and to other areas of the company, including providing performance and cost statistics required by regulatory agencies and industry organizations.
- May develop, design and produce critical and accurate system displays and databases of transmission systems. troubleshoot, research and correct system problems due to incorrect documentation, metering, faulty equipment, etc.; develop special displays/simulations and calculations which incorporate capacitor banks, generations, loading, relays, etc. may compile, analyze and generate report of losses on transmission and distribution system.
- Collect raw data, calculate results, and generate various reports (stack emissions, regulatory agencies, environmental groups and other utilities.) Generate a variety of monthly and yearly reports.
- May track budget expenses, identify costs overruns and recommend corrections; may analyze and assist in the development of the budgeting activities for the organization as well as coordinating the efforts of all Unit budget activities.
- Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of data/research requires review of identifiable factors and the marrying of a number of data sources; exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Assignments involve significant complexity in analyzing and describing variances, researching problems with data/trends; coordination in the enhancement and development of database systems to track performance, cost and specialty data.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States