Business/Tech Integrator II (Job ID 20140166)
Develops, analyze, plans, administers, and communicates a broad range of business unit, programs, policies and practices. Works with other department functions to identify, plan and implement software acquisition, maintenance renewals, and to ensure licensing compliance. Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. Formulates and defines business processes, systems scope and objectives through research and fact finding combined with a good understanding of business functions, systems and industry requirements/best practices. Participates in or leads projects involving process/system improvements and special technology needs. Projects assigned have moderate scope and budget and require good understanding of business operations and processes and the technology utilized within the business unit. Assists in the efforts to reduce software and support costs by negotiating contracts and eliminating underutilized licenses. Monitor IT asset management activity to ensure contract and usage compliance. Maintain database and provide reporting to internal stakeholders. Maintain effective and ongoing communications with end users, management, developers and vendors.
BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four years relevant work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area. Demonstrated knowledge of business/operational functions, procedures, computer systems and applications, various products and/or services supported by assigned area typically obtained through 3 years progressively responsible experience. Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business area. Working knowledge of web-based development languages and tools. Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis/resolution techniques and a general understanding of systems design. Effective communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in PC applications including spreadsheets, database management and graphics packages. Demonstrated project management experience and good organizational and analytical skills. General knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the area. .
- Manage contracts and vendor relationships to maximize value creation and manage costs for software licensing, maintenance and service offerings.
- Facilitate the business needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are appropriately managed up to and at expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities and negotiate optimal value pricing for renewals, software licensing and services. Ensure identified savings are obtained by monitoring asset management activity and billing and effectively working with vendors.
- Monitor IT asset management activities and coordinate with other departments to ensure timely responses to asset management issues or concerns.
- Maintain database addressing budgeting, software compliance and inventory, contracts, and cost. Develop and deliver management reporting.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Communicate IT asset management activities, issues, policies and procedures to stakeholders including end users, management, developers, and vendors through e-mails, individual interviews, group meetings and presentations.
- Maintain working knowledge of IT asset management best practices, emergent tools, techniques and procedures.
- May analyze and recommend the installation and maintenance of new and enhancement of existing systems. Provides imput regarding functional requirements, policy/procedure interpretation and future needs. Performs acceptance testing prior to implementation.
- Participates in the development of effective business cases using sound cost/benefit analysis.
- Participates in the project team assignments of moderate scope and requiring good business/technical skills. Represents business units viewpoints, needs and requests.
- Contributes to the completion of project milestones. Acts to produce effective teams and actively supports team decisions. May occasionally coach and train team members.
- Develops and maintains documentation of system changes, business processes, guidelines & procedures, tools and training aids needed to support business unit.
- Ensure company, federal, state and regulatory compliance with terms and conditions of license agreements by evaluating and analyzing licenses, warranties and maintenance inventory and compare to vendor contracts and/or audit results.
- May act as the system resource for business unit, including query/report development, problem research and recommendation, utilization of technology to streamline and improve processes and procedures. May monitor and track business goals, activities, performance monitoring and issues for an assigned unit to keep management aligned with business unit activities.
- May participate in the planning, development, development and administration of business units budget functions.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States