Internship – Environmental Engineering – Environmental or Civil Engineering (Job Code INT-2014-S28)
You will be a member of the above group, which is responsible for:
- Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Compliance Approvals (Air/Noise and Drainage)
- Tracking Environmental Legislation
- Environmental permits and approvals
- Environmental Specifications for Construction Projects
- Emergency Response Plans for Transformer Stations and Service Centres
- Environmental Compliance Approval applications and Operation and Maintenance Manuals
Your job duties may include:
- Prepare Operation Manuals and associated sketches and reports, in compliance with environmental approval conditions and operational standards.
- Analysis of engineering designs and manufacturers' products and drawings.
- Interacting with engineering, construction, and operations staff
- Assist in projects relating to the preparation of engineering submissions for Environmental Compliance Approvals (noise abatement, site drainage systems, etc.) for transmission and distribution sustainment and development projects.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Working as a member of the environmental services and approvals team
- Understanding of environmental compliance requirements and civil infrastructure operation and maintenance procedures
- Exposure to emergency planning for Transformer Stations
- Discipline: Environmental or Civil Engineering
- Academic Level: 3rd or 4th year Hons. University
- Understanding of planning for design and construction
- Familiarity with building and infrastructure drawings, drainage plans, general understanding of equipment specifications, etc.
- GIS experience would be an asset
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Ability to co-ordinate data and work independently on projects
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of a larger team
Additional Job Conditions:
- The position requires some travel to field locations within the province of Ontario.
- Driver's licence considered an asset.
- If you share our passion for safety and our customer focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we'd love to hear from you!
- Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hydro One Inc.
483 Bay Street