Solutions Analyst - Nuclear IT Help Desk - 27940
Organization : Xcel Energy, Inc.
Location: United States, Minnesota, Welch
End of contest: May 9, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Assist in managing demand for assigned applications or areas of infrastructure including prioritization, release management, and requirements definition. This includes ensuring the proper alignment of business requirements related to new infrastructure or new information systems solutions and enhancements to existing systems or infrastructure for small applications and/or assist more senior team members in supporting large applications. Analyze user's business needs and make analytical decisions about how applications should function. Determine functional specifications and communicate to outsourced IT vendor. May write and approve functional specifications, identify or document requirements, manage scope, and coordinate for justifiable solutions.
- Develop information systems and infrastructure solutions along with plans for the assigned business area or technical area. Participates in cross-functional teams to assure that the solutions and plans meet changing business, customer, and competitive requirements. Provide consulting to all business area customers to ensure that the plans are integrated into overall business strategic and operational plans.
- Assist manager and peers initiating and maintaining key relationships with customers to ensure processes are integrated to support customer expectations. Communicate effectively with business peers, IT peers and vendors to solve business/technical problems and provide technical solutions. Escalates customer concerns to Business Systems management.
- Execute against I/T plan for assigned business area or technical areas with guidance from manager or peers. Management of activities relative to the business area I/T Plan includes application portfolio management, data security, and determination of the business requirements for disaster recovery, availability and fail-over capability of systems. Stay abreast of operational performance and impact to business. Serve as key respondent and facilitator for internal and external application audits.
- Develop and leverage relationships with the I/T Operations area and other CO Operations teams so that solutions are appropriately prioritized within the overall scope of their activities.
- Respond to organizational and regulatory initiatives and directives. Understand and implement necessary procedures and infrastructure required to facilitate completion of operational changes with guidance from manager or peers.
- Stay abreast of industry and technology trends to provide advice on when to innovate and when to use traditional approaches.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field (6 years of equivalent work experience may substitute for the degree) Additional years of education may substitute for years of education
- 3 years application and information technology infrastructure support (5 years of Utility experience supporting corporate applications or infrastructure could substitute for the IT background)
- Knowledge of one or more core applications (e.g. HRIS, Accounting, Work Management, Mapping and Design, etc) or equivalent
- Advanced communication skills and ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to others (verbal and written) including translating business requirements into technical terms and/or translating technical language into business terminology and Design, etc.) or equivalent
- Demonstrated strong analytical aptitude
- Demonstrated excellence in analysis, documentation and presentation
- Demonstrated experience working well with others in a customer-focused department to deliver both business processes and system functionality in support of business initiatives
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite including Access and Visio
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States