Field Operations Supervisor I - 28003
Responsible for the development and management of daily work plans and assigning and directing Field Operations employees in the construction, operations and maintenance of gas and/or electric facilities, O&M and capital budgets, and payroll for assigned employees. Provides work direction to construction resources, assigns equipment, requests locates and materials to perform requested work functions. Responsible for the work detail and a thorough working knowledge of the delivery system to establish the optimum crew assignments. Coordinates all components involved with requested outages and utilizing the Request for Outage system. Assume supervisory responsibilities as necessary or assigned by the Manager.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Coaches and counsels union employees. Accountable for administration of bargaining unit agreement within area of responsibility. Oversees the contract crews to verify assigned work is completed as required by Xcel Standards and compliance requirements
- Develop a daily work plan in coordination with the Field Operations Manager and Strategic Resource Planning personnel to meet the requirements of resource plan. Independently assign resources to the work, request locates and materials coordinate all equipment to complete the work. Perform radio/telephone-dispatching functions to eliminate non-productive field time.
- Maintain data integrity within the various systems used to manage daily work and scheduling activities. Create daily crew roster, which includes crew complement, location of work, equipment being used and equipment available. Validate completed work packets for discrepancies in labor, material and transportation charges while comparing as-builts to match the work completed in the field. Verifies and recommends approval of labor and contractor invoices
- Review work packet prior to assigning work. Ensure the work acceptance process and coordinate site checking and job readiness. Identifies and determines necessary project changes and communicates to appropriate personnel.
- Manage area coverage with other Supervisors by initiating backup responsibility and support. Level Supervisors workload by distributing locates, RFO and other responsibilities as needed.
- Audit responsibility for establishing and maintaining files required for personnel training records, safety programs, DOT compliance, hazardous materials compliance, and accounting files for monetary exchanges made during the course of business.
- Assumes additional supervisory responsibilities as assigned by Manager, including on call coverage as necessary. Available for emergency and storm operations. Use independent judgment to evaluate emergency situations and assign workers as necessary. Communicates organizational goals and administers work in accordance to the terms and conditions of union contract. Coaches and counsels employees on safety and performance issues. Initiates disciplinary action and gives input to grievances. Authorizes overtime. Outage coordination: including when outages are required, requesting the outage and customer coordination and communication. Strategically identify ways to eliminate the need for outages
- Communicate with City, County and State officials regarding impact of crew work on public roadways and properties. Coordinate work with other utilities as necessary. Provides necessary supervision of work activities to meet customers requirements, and ensures compliance with regulations, PUC rules and company standards. Investigate and resolve all customer concerns and complaints. Provide information to claims dept. to settle property damage claims
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field (6 years in a related field may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years experience in construction, design, scheduling, maintenance, or operations areas
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, work management applications, and mapping and scheduling tools
- Utility construction experience
- Experience scheduling and managing work activities
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States