- Analyze and determine appropriate process to expedite customer inquiries and requests regarding residential gas and electric construction services (new, rewires, gas conversions, overhead to underground conversions, switching requests and temporary services) that are received via phone, fax, or mail. Establish initial service installation dates and communicate to customer and appropriate construction or design area.
- Enter application for new residential services and issue appropriate service functions to various service centers. Must be processed within 48 hours of receipt to ensure meeting customer timelines.
- Central contact point for processing commercial and residential inspections, certificates of completions and permits.
- Coordinate and schedule Xcel Gas and Electric service and meter removals between customers and service departments.
- Responsible for accurate inputting, communicating and referencing information reflecting all of Xcel Energy's involvement or requirements in the following systems: CRS, OMS, Passport, MDMS, and ServConn.
- Provide technical assistance and referrals to other Xcel Energy employees and departments. Research, analyze and provide solutions for service related customer needs using available resources.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience working in Delivery or Customer Care department or experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Previous customer contact experience
- Ability to be a self starter as well as work in a team environment
- Must be flexible and display leadership and training abilities
- Must be able to interact well and build working relationships with a variety of internal and external customers
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States