- High school graduate or GED and proficiency in advanced administrative duties requiring strong organizational skills and follow-up capabilities typically achieved in six (6) to eight (8) years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Completion of acceptable business or administrative training programs, as determined by hiring source as meeting additional education requirements.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in performing advanced administrative duties that require strong organizational skills and follow-up capabilities.
- Advanced proficiency using Windows applications including Outlook, Power Point, and Excel.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to produce work that is timely, grammatically correct and error free.
- Must be able to work in a very professional environment with an extensive understanding and knowledge of corporate organization, company industry and/or related government/state committee structures, key contacts and their representatives.
- Possess good customer interface skills to effectively communicate with different levels of customers and contacts.
- Budget preparation experience is desirable including a solid understanding of budget, contracts and accounting processes.
- Overtime will be required on occasion.
Testing: EEI SASS test may be administered.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Testing Information & Contact
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.pinnaclewest.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
- A written [paper and pencil] test will be administered.
- A test using a computer with keyboard will be administered.
- A hands-on skills test will be administered.
- A physical ability test will be administered.
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.