Comm Network Eng II (Job ID 20140229)
- With general direction and periodic review, performs engineering work in the design and development of new communications systems and in the expansion and modernization of existing systems.
- Projects assigned typically have moderate scope, complexity and budget and require limited understanding of the business functions and utilization of good engineering/technical skills to meet project goals.
- Communications systems span radio, microwave, fiber optics, multiplex, PLC, telephone systems, video/data transmission, and public address systems.
- Breadth of technical skills span microwave radio path calculations, operation, and applications; fiber optic analysis and installation including both cable and equipment; two-way radio; multiplex; data networks including ATM;
- protective relaying; Powerline Carrier; teleconferencing and video; and PBX and telephone systems.
- Breadth of business functions spans accounting/financial systems, contracts, and customer relations.
- Communications systems development and integration services includes the full life-cycle from implementation of new systems (analysis, design, construction, or acquisition, testing, production installation, training, documentation and integration with existing systems) to maintenance of existing systems (enhancements, corrective maintenance, and general customer support).
- Since communication systems run 7x24 (7 days, 24 hours/day), on-call duty for 7x24 support is required.
Requires a BSEE or equivalent professional communications engineering experience or any combination of four years relevant work experience and completed years of relevant college coursework. An additional 2 years progressively responsible experience is required, demonstrating good knowledge of assigned systems in one or more areas of communications systems. Requires working knowledge of electronic design theory and engineering disciplines. Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis/resolution techniques and knowledge of systems design. Demonstrated PC literacy and communication skills.
- Performs design, planning, development, analysis, budgeting and implementation of communication systems. Recommends sound communication system solutions to routine technical problems of moderate complexity and scope. Provides client assistance and support for communication systems consistent with service level agreements.
- Participates in project team assignments of moderate scope and complexity and requiring good technical skills. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. Acts to produce effective teams and actively supports team decisions. May occasionally coach and train team members.
- Ensures that project scope meets customer requirements and budget by investigating requirements, balancing cost/performance, and ensuring effective design to meet system objectives. Manages projects and monitors charges to work authorizations by periodic review of monthly department reports. Initiates corrective actions as necessary to control costs and meet schedule commitments.
- Ensures engineering design, project control, or oversight work is technically sound, cost effective, and in compliance with established standards, codes, and regulations.
- Prepares a variety of engineering documentation including drawings, sketches, construction notes, purchase orders, specifications, work orders, bid evaluations, project proposals, etc.
- Identifies and plans for training needed to support current business and technical environment and to maintain engineering technical capabilities. Actively seeks to improve own skills and knowledge to apply to current and emerging business and technical environment.
- Performs all work in a safe manner, appropriate to the work environment. Notices and takes action on all unsafe conditions when observed. Actively encourages safe work practices.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States