Supv Information Technology (Job ID 20140220)
Provides leadership and work direction to Project Management staff in Information Technology. Daily interaction and communication with several IT Leaders on the progress and support of the IT or Business projects. Manages departmental and Project Portfolio budgetary needs. Responsible for driving the IT PMO Strategic plan. Resolves operational issues by identifying, recommending and implementing appropriate solutions. Ensures customer satisfaction.
- BS in Computer Science, Business or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- An additional eight (8) years progressively responsible related experience in area/s of assignment is required to obtain an advanced understanding of information and/or communication systems, operating systems, network communications, equipment and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills, high quality interpersonal and people management skills, and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience in the development, integration, and support of information and communication systems applications, distributed and mainframe environments, network architecture and sub-systems, distributed and mainframe server architectures cross platform interfaces.
- Experience in information systems methodologies, systems guidelines & architectures, and technologies.
- Overall understanding of the company's organizational and operating structure.
- Familiarity with business units supported by I/S and the services they deliver.
- Thorough understanding of I/S deliverables, including Infrastructure and applications.
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Desired experience includes the design, implementation and maintenance of IP Networking, VOIP and TDM Telephony, PBX, 2-way and mobile radio systems, microwave communications, communications transport, sonet node and related networking technologies.
- Experience supporting LAN/WAN data networks, public address and paging systems, and video/audio conferencing.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of a team in the IT Project Management organization
- Manages work group costs within approved budget. Continually improves department work processes.
- Supports unit level strategic plans that align with corporate and I/S plans. Supports client planning process and prioritization for systems technology implementation. Assigns, directs, facilitates, reviews and approves unit work activities. Ensure effectiveness and productivity of the work unit.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of business processes. Leads work activities to meet clients expectations.
- Implements performance management programs. Develops and retains a highly skilled technical team. Actively seeks to improve own skills and knowledge to apply to current and emerging business and technical environment. Ensures that staff has technical skills and business skills to support objectives of the organization.
- Develops team and guides their efforts to continually improve the delivery of system solutions. Provide feedback and coaching and ensure training and development opportunities to create a high performing team.
- Communicates issues openly and honestly with staff, peers, management and client groups.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States