Security Coordinator (Job ID 20140158)
Responds to, investigates and documents all security related incidents. Coordinates security related activities and functions with the Security Operations Center during assigned shifts. Serves as a liaison between the company and Law Enforcement agencies statewide.
- High school degree or GED plus five (5) years experience within the area of Law Enforcement or Military Police.
- Some position(s) may require Criminal Intelligence and Threat Assessment background.
- Candidate must be able to qualify and carry a weapon as required by Security management.
If required to be armed:
- must be able to maintain proficiency with all assigned weapons as required.
- must be able to respond to unusual or emergency situations, using only reasonable means of force to control and/or make the situation safe.must be able to perform duties wearing personal protective equipment
- Maintains effective site security of corporate assets through utilization of contract staff, security systems and monitoring; ensures all security procedures, post orders and emergency plans are in place and implemented as situations dictate.
- Ensures that proper site security and security systems exist system-wide through site audits and customer contacts.
- Responds to emergencies, life safety issues (i.e., intrusions, fire alarms/evacuations) and responds to scene of criminal activity against the company. Conducts preliminary investigations and writes detailed incident reports.
- During Critical Incidents initiates and directs immediate action while acting as an Incident Commander within the scope outlined in the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Maintains communications within the Chain of Command structure to include effected business units. Maintains confidentiality related to sensitive investigations and incidents.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures and State and Federal laws by maintaining a working knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, and laws including the Regulatory Compliance Requirements as they apply to the Corporate Security Department.
- May act as the company's liaison with local, State, and Federal law enforcement agencies supporting crime-related investigations and other security matters.
- Responds to "call-outs" on a rotational basis or as needed to support the Unit.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States