Commercial Policy, Planning & Compliance Manager (Req: 51884421-E01)
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
End of contest: May 16, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Supervise multiple analysts, principals or supervisor-led teams within Portfolio Management.
- Develop and implement strategies for team efforts, tasks, or goals.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to supervisors and principals.
- Present proposals to Directors, Officers, and Sr. Officers in support of portfolio planning, regulatory filings and other major decisions.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, guidelines and standards to promote best practices.
- Communicate procurement activities and policies to internal and external parties.
- Provide career mentoring to employees.
- Possesse the ability to manage budgets and pro-actively identify opportunities/issues.
- Support senior management in strategic planning and decision-making.
- Lead contract negotiations, portfolio analysis, trading, and/or strategy development from start to finish, including management approval.-Possesse the ability to be a cross-functional lead in the development of new procurement activities.
- Continually apply, and guide others to apply understanding of company goals and strategies to everyday work and tasks. Coach and mentor less experienced employees.-Demonstrate extensive subject matter expertise regarding the anticipation and resolution of complex issues that sometimes involve senior management and limited information.
- Possesse an in-depth understanding of relevant business areas such as credit and risk management, quantitative analysis, law and regulatory relations, rate-making, etc. and apply such understanding in fulfilling the various job responsibilities and duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field, mathematics, engineering, environmental policy or equivalent field of study
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- Master's degree preferre d
- 6 years of work experience in the wholesale supply side of the energy industry
- Advanced spreadsheet application knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the various components wholesale energy portfolio, electric trading, or power purchase agreements
- Knowledge of electric system operations or resource planning
- Knowledge of utility departments, business units and functions
- Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities both in written and verbal form
- Advanced knowledge of energy markets, FERC and CPUC regulation, physical gas products, financial derivatives, trading strategy, financial analysis, portfolio theory, risk management, problem solving-Ability to work across functions, remove barriers and partner with other organizations to reach goals
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to motivate and supervise a group of individual contributors
- Advanced understanding of corporate governance policies and procedures