Design Engineer, Substation Engineering – ESC (Req: 51869701-E01)
Location: United States, California, San Ramon
End of contest: May 16, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Safety - Actively promote safe practices and conduct in accordance with the Corporate Safety policy. Accomplish the department goal of zero injuries & avoidable auto incidents.
- Foster team work and innovation, and embrace new approaches to accomplish our work more efficiently and effectively.
- Production Schedule and Work Assignment - Ensure delivery of high quality design products on budget, on time, and on purpose. This will require preparation of upfront project estimating and scheduling base on the project requirements.' Project Coordination - Work closely with project, protection, automation, and other discipline engineers on developing and modifying substation design drawings base on the scope of work, protection, automation, telecom, and other specialist requirements.
- Prepare and develop Electrical Transmission and Distribution Substation design drawings using 3D Modeling and Intelligent Schematic Design software (aka Bentley Substation) for outdoor and indoor equipment (e.g. Indoor: SCADA, relays, meters, batteries, annunciators; e.g. Outdoor: structures, circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches): Single Line Diagrams, Meter and Relay Diagrams, AC and DC Schematics, Control Room Layouts, Switchboard Arrangements, AC and DC Station Services, General Arrangement Outdoor, Conduits, Grounding, and Indoor, Detail Design, and etc.
- Generating bill of materials, design drawing (aka circuit & conduit) schedules, reports, and presentations using Microsoft Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other customized applications.
- Quality Control - provide valuable input in evaluating and cross-checking designs.
- Field Support - provide substation design and/ or drawings related support to projects under construction in the field.
- Travel - perform business travel to off-site for design reviews, construction supports, and trainings in supporting substation engineering projects and operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Valid CA Driver License or be able to obtain one by the first day of employment
- 1 year of experience in transmission and/ or distribution substation design or engineering
- Experience in using Computer Aid Drafting applications (such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, and/ or Visio)
- 3D CAD Modeling
- Fluent in using Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with PG&E standards and processes
- PE/EIT certification