Sourcing Project Associate Specialist, Specialist-28835
Provides sourcing direction and performs sourcing activities and leverages supply chain resources to effectively support projects. Negotiates with suppliers representing internal stakeholders, executes contracts and monitors supplier performance to optimize project success.
- SOURCING - Sources for goods and services in support of significant company projects (up to $5M). Coordinates the process for defining technical bid requirements and specifications and specialized terms and conditions required by individual capital projects. Executes bidding events and coordinates bid evaluation teams to analyze proposals and award business. Seeks opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Creates and coordinates a project plan for the sourcing of goods and services and engages the necessary supply chain resources in support of the plan. Interacts with business unit personnel to integrate the sourcing and business project plans. Maintains relationships with key business unit stakeholders and communicates sourcing project status. Establishes metrics for evaluating and documenting specific supplier services and contractual requirements and monitors performance.
- NEGOTIATIONS - Negotiates contracts representing company interests in significant project purchases associated with projects. Coordinates the resolution of disputes and contract adjustments with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT - Monitors supplier performance to ensure supplier commitments and progress milestones are met and project value has been achieved. Collaborates with a category manager to support project needs with key suppliers in alignment with category strategies.
- RISK CONTAINMENT - Applies understanding of underlying principles of contract law to administer all project contract agreements and contractual forms. Defines and manages the risk elements of the contract and assembles all necessary documentation for obtaining project specific insurance. Limits company liability by ensuring all required documents and have been obtained and are satisfactory.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or equivalent experience required
- 3 plus years of supply chain experience or 5 plus years experience in company operations with significant exposure to supply chain processes
- Basic contract knowledge, negotiation and project management skills required
- Willing and able to pursue Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent
- Must be results-oriented and customer focused
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills are required
- Up to 10% domestic travel is required
- Associate Sourcing Project Specialist is an entry level role incorporating a two year developmental plan that, upon completion, will allow for promotional consideration to Sourcing Project Specialist. Failure to complete the developmental plan within two years can result in removal from the position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office suite and experience with purchasing and sourcing systems strongly preferred
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States